Hondo's Bar

Cowboy Bebop

Guest Yahve

Mm...which one was the cowboy episode again? I liked the mushroom one...hah.

Yeah Ed stepped outside the usual quirky, kind of annoying character in her/his randomness.

The other 3 were cool too, dont get me wrong, it was their chracterization that kept me comin back. That and the fact that Faye's voice is dead sexy in japanese.

Now im all sad that the series is over.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, thanks again goes to Jax for makin me aware of the Cowboy Bebop movie (OAV?) "Knockin on Heaven's Door", got a good quality version off Kazaa, was really cool. Cant quite place where it woulda happened in the series, but like many OAV's its a bit of a side-story, was a great one at that. Definitely worth seeing as soon as youre a few episodes into the seris & know the main cast of characters.

Oh, and the cameo stuff is always cool...i thought it was badass, seeing clips of "High Noon" in an anime, man i wish id see more of that.

PS *odd spoiler ...jax, anyone else: did you notice Ed gave away her gender in this one? That was funny...i loved Ed's investigation methods.

DAMN!!!! the sub go quicker the hell!! I have to rewind and read over like 10 times....

I am sorry I can't keep up I will stick to the American version. IC you came over yesterday and forgot that and Dog Day Afternoon

Dumbass

Edited by Spongebob

This is the EXACT reason why I only watch anime on DVD. You can watch it in either sub or dub, and when you lend it out, your friend can watch it in either one. You can watch it with sub, then switch to sub if they're alot of fast dialogue in one particular episode. Sub vs Dub you ask? I say Neither! Give me both! Give me the choice!

Agreed, havin the option of either is superior, but these are VHS ripped off the DVD...quality's fair, and the price is right. Sponge - if you want, just wait till you move to miami this summer, and if i still dont have the DVD's of it eventually, you can maybe borrow Jax's or someone's, watch em dubbed, im sure the voice acting isnt too bad.

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite episode in the series has to be 'Ballad of Fallen Angles'. It was the first Cowboy Bebop I saw when it started here on CNX back at the start of the year.

It was like seeing an animated John Woo film, and it got me hooked on the rest of the series. I couldn't believe what i was seeing, and the coolest moment has to be:

taken from a script I found online:

VICIOUS: The same blood runs in you and me. The blood of a beast who

wanders, desiring the blood of others.

SPIKE: I've bled all of that blood away.

VICIOUS: Then why are you still alive?!

Vicious stabs Spike in the shoulder while Spike shoots Vicious in the shoulder. Vicious throws Spike out a stained glass window. Spike drops a grenade.

i don't remember which one jupiter jazz was....

however cowboy bebop has that flava... you got almost every episode with a different feel to it, but the same characters. totally self contained episodes that you can pretty much just jump in (most of em, anyway.) unlike series's such as ranma, gundam, or even pikachu. that's the beauty of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if i recall correctly, Knocking On Heaven's Door (the OAV) was a side-story, but it happens before the series' ending, so if you felt anything was unresolved, it will be.

The manga (that i saw) was a short series of side-stories as well, which is cool cause the series is so awesome, you're down to see more from it. Art book wasnt bad either.

You really should. I got iff offa isohunt, the full DVD set was about 5 gigs, really worth it...im surprised you havent seen it, MH....

rastaman - sorry man, been a while, cant remember the specfics (im slowly tryin to re-watch it with LL) but watch it on your own, you wont be dissapointed.

Ill link the torrent if anyone needs it.