Hondo's Bar

Movie Quotes

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessin' that was Tom Hanks from Castaway ("Yeeeees! Look what I have createeed! I...have made fire! I have made fire!")

Yeeeeah, check the probate! Why my Uncle Thumper had a problem with *his* probate, and he had to take these biiiig pills, and drink lots of water!

Jesus, mine was from Roger Rabbit. I'd think having an uncle named "Thumper" would've given that away. Yours is rather vague actually, but I'm pretty sure it was Kevin Spacey in Se7en, nonetheless.

Oh you men are all alike! Seven or eight quick ones and you're off with the boys to boast and brag! Well you better keep your mouth shut! :D Oh I think I love him...

I can't believe I'm coming out of the woodwork to reply to THIS quote... In fact I'm rather ashamed that I know it. But... What the hell. Jax, yours was Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber.

Now here's an easy one.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me!

(groan) Come ON! Spiffy, yours is from the classic Wizard of Oz, and Bobs was from another classic, Young Frankenstein. You boys call yourselves movie buffs. Hmph. :plain: :P

Which leads me to my quote... You uncultured swine! ;)

That's gotta be Grosse Point Blank.

Your Honor, ladies and gentleman, I don't think it's very fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them, because one time I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.

OK, it's been almost 4 1/2 days, time for a new quote. An easy one...

I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it, you want to sell it!

Um, sorry. For some reason I was thinking it was July 17th when I posted that. That was only 1 day. Sorry. But that quote is from Toy Story 1, from the mouth of Mr Potato Head. Since you got my JP quote, here's another:

I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning... even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there.

Robin Williams playing Genie in Aladdin, referring to the Magic Carpet.

Oh, you ready to blow? Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-laying motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm Superfly TNT, I'm the Guns of the Navarone. IN FACT, what the fuck am I doing in the back? You the motherfucker should be on brain detail! We fucking switching, I'm washing the windows and you picking up this nigger's skull!

sorry to bust your bubble, ruby's, but this thread was created for easier quotes.... i haven't seen young frankenstein either :(

but i have seen Pulp Fiction, JMT's last quote. so here's another one for yall

"I got my word and my balls. An I don't break em for nobody."

Archived