Hondo's Bar

Movie Sequel Release Dates!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they're fun to watch. God, JMT, don't you ever just watch movies for fun, or do they always have to be original, thought-provoking, or both? It's like watching Kurt Russel's Snake from the "Escape from..." movies. It doesn't matter how cliched or just plain bad the plots can get, it's still fun to watch the character. Why do you think they've made so many James Bond movies?

For those who actually played through Metal Gear Solid 2 entirely, while the action scenes are indeed very cinematic. the plot twists by the end were both thought-provoking and confusing too many; much on existentialism, dualism, life in the digital age, etc.  It got pretty heavy by the end, prolly why its one of my favorites.

I didn't like the end. I mean, the story was alright, but the scenes and the codec conversations just got way too long. I mean, they'd talk for 45 minutes, then they'd let you play for 2, then they'd talk for another hour, let you play for one more fight scene, and then they started talking again. That is one thing I never liked about the series. Sometimes people just started talking at really inappropriate times. "Oh, Rose, I'm in the middle of a firefight right now, but ok, let's talk about our first date! I'm sure the bad guys will hold their fire until we're done."

No, dont get me wrong, the Rose stuff was innapropriate & boring, but when the S3 program carried on about itself...i can see where most of the action fans got bored, but that shit was cool .  Kojima didnt just want another good-lookin action/tactical game, he wanted an immense plot as well, and i really went for it, tho again i know im one of the few.  That 45 minutes of talk was what really set the game apart, for me - now, not only was it one of the most innovative & well-done games in a long time, it actually worked on numerous levels, wish id see more of that.  

But despite as fun as the idea'd be, no i dont think it oughta be a movie, either.  

In X-Men 2 news, theyve announced Kitty Pride this time, made somethin of a cameo in part 1, oughta be cool.  I read that Wolvy might have a beard for certain scenes, thought it odd but maybe there'll be some flashbacks or somethin..?

Because they're fun to watch. God, JMT, don't you ever just watch movies for fun, or do they always have to be original, thought-provoking, or both? It's like watching Kurt Russel's Snake from the "Escape from..." movies. It doesn't matter how cliched or just plain bad the plots can get, it's still fun to watch the character. Why do you think they've made so many James Bond movies?

Ok, I think you misunderstood me. I didn't say it wouldn't be fun, but why not just make an original story. So much of hollywood is taking ideas from other sources and making movies abou it (Books, Comics, Video Games, Old Legends). If you're going to basic is on something that was based on ideas from movie, why not just make another generic yet original storyline?

Alright, then we misunderstood each other, JMT. I don't wanna see them make the game into a movie, either. It'd be redundant. But I think it might be interesting to see the characters - Snake, Otacon...maybe even that pansy Raiden - in a movie, but with a different story than the games. Like, maybe something set in between Shadow Moses and MGS2. I don't know, I don't care. I just wanna see more Solid Snake. I've always liked the character.

Anyway...back to the topic at hand. I didn't include the soon-to-be-released ones (ie: MIB2, Goldmember, Cube 2, Halloween: Resurrection, Spy Kids 2 and Stuart Little 2) because, well...just watch tv, you'll figure out when they come out (MIB2 is the July 4th weekend, by the way).

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - December 18th, 2002

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - December 17th, 2003

Spider-man 2 - May 7th, 2004

X2 - May 2, 2003

The Matrix Reloaded - May 16th, 2003

The Matrix Revolutions - November 2003 (probably the 28th)

Mission: Impossible 3 - May 21st 2004

Bad Boys 2 - August 17th, 2003

Charlie's Angels 2: Halo - June 27th, 2003

Exorcist 4:1 - July 18th, 2003

The Fast and the Furious 2 - August 1st, 2003

The Jungle Book 2 (animated) - February 7th, 2003

Mortal Kombat 3 - May 7th, 2003

Resident Evil 2: Nemesis - July 4th, 2003

Seriously, Dude, Where's My Car (christ...) - July 16th, 2004

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - July 2nd, 2003

Under Siege 3 - October 2004

Analyze That - December 6th, 2002

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - November 15th, 2002

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - November 2004

Indiana Jones 4 - July 4th, 2005

Star Wars: Episode III - May 25th, 2005

Die Another Day - November 22nd, 2002

Friday After Next - November 22nd, 2002

Star Trek: Nemesis (same as the Resident Evil sequel...weird) - December 13th, 2002

Jeepers Creepers 2 - February 14th (valentine's day...geez) 2003

A few other movies are announced, but have yet to have a date put on them. George of the Jungle 2 (shudder), Highlander: Source, Meet the Fockers, Tron: Killer App (formerly with the better title "Tron 2.0"), True Lies 2, Super Knight Rider 3000 (god, I hope they change that title) and Kevin Smith's Fletch prequel are all supposedly scheduled for 2003. Many of these are likely to change, of course. A few films that are scheduled for next summer have yet to even start pre-production. Some projects have probably even been canned (last I heard, True Lies 2 and Tron: Killer App have both been axed, but it's yet to be officially announced).

And for those Disney fans, out there. Disney is releasing two more of their made-for-video sequels. Mulan 2 (sigh...they just couldn't leave well enough alone) and one interesting idea...The Lion King 1 1/2, which is supposed to be a re-telling of the original Lion King, but from the warped point-of-view of Timon and Pumbaa. Weird.

Anyway, that's all I know, right now.

Does Jersey Girl have a release date? You forgot Pthe Powerpuff Girls movie, but that's July 3na dI already started a thread for that in 'Animation'.

Some of these are just frightening. A Tron sequel? George of the Jungle 2? What is Cube 2? I've never heard of Cube 1! Seriously, Dude, Where's My Car?!!!!!!!

Remember back in gthe day when a movie had to be good in order for them to make a sequel? Now, Snow Dogs gets the sequel treatment! This is just obscene!

Jersey doesn't have a release date, yet, but they start filming in Philly in the next month or so. And I did not forget Powerpuff Girls. I know that's comin' out, but it isn't a sequel. Yeah, the Lion King idea sounds like it could actually be very funny, though.

That list was pretty cool...didnt know there'd be sequels to Bad Boys (thought it was cancelled) or Exorcist, cool.

Of course the Matrix ones get me all warm & fuzzy, but is X2 X-Men? wasnt sure.  Weird, im actually up for Resident Evil: Nemesis after the last one surprsied me, was fun.

Wait, MK? Under Siege? :ill:

My sentiments exactly, IC. Most of them certainly aren't very good ideas. Bad Boys 2 was cancelled, yeah, but last I heard they brought it back. It's only announced, though, there hasn't been any work on it, yet, so it's doubtful it'll make that 2003 deadline. And the Exorcist one is actually a prequel. It's supposed to follow Father Merrin during his first exorcism. Liam Neeson is playing Merrin.

Wasn't Manhunter the prequel to Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal? Anyway, Friday After Next sounds cool, but what will the call the forth one (The Friday following the Friday after Next)? Anyway, as far as the Jersey Girl movie, take into consideration this: Clerks, 1993; Mallrats, 1995; Chasing Amy, 1997;, Dogma, 1999; J&SBSB, 2001. Surely Jersay Girl will have to make it into theathers by the end of 2003! And they need to rerelease Clerks for it's 10th Anniversey to theaters (way too many people have never even heard of Clerks, let alone seen it).

Yeah, Manhunter was the original Hannibal Lecter movie. But this is the big budget remake (because not very many people saw Manhunter) with, of course, Anthony Hopkins as Lecter. The rest of the cast ain't bad, too. Ed Norton is the detective, Ralph Fiennes is the killer, Harvey Keitel is Jack Crawford, and then Emily Watson, Mary-Louise Parker, and Philip Seymour Hoffman round out the cast. It's directed by Brett Ratner of (sigh) Rush Hour fame, but from what I saw in the latest trailer, it looks like he did a really good job.