Hondo's Bar

Meet my son, Xerox Verizon Machado

BigChiefSlapaho

..did you know the name "Wendy" didnt exist before Peter Pan..?

Ive got a small amount of beef with American names (especially last ones) and their total lack of meaning these days anyway, was rather fond of the west indian idea of earning names at a certain age myself, but, eh, philosophy major & alla that...

But fuckin hell, based on material items? At least the old english utilitarian ones were social positions - Shoemaker, Blacksmith, etc. I dont know if i woulda been able to resist kicking a kid's ass in my youth if his name was fucking xerox.

And Camry? Jesus, id rather be sue, no lie.

My cousin's baby boy was named Aja (pronounced Asia) after a Steely Dan album. Needless to say, everyone in the family hates it, aprticularly because acording to traditon, he should have been called Javier (the tradition being oldest son switching the name Felipe and Javier each generation). My granfather was Felipe, his first son (my uncle) was Javier, Javier's first son (my cousin) was Felipe, and his first son should have Javier. It became Aja. It's sad because his father (Javier) is dead, and according to everyone, no one in the family takes after him more than Felipe. In his defense, it was not his idea or desire, it was his wife's, but he's folds to easily to her. To make the name thing even worse, his middle name is Francios (her father's name was Frank, so she made it French, for no reason at all). So now, a boy is named Aja (pronounced Asia) Francios Pazos. Talk about an identity crisis.

By the way, Aja in spanish is pronounced Aha. So he's Aha Francios. I pity this child.

My cousin's baby boy was named Aja (pronounced Asia) after a Steely Dan album. Needless to say, everyone in the family hates it, aprticularly because acording to traditon, he should have been called Javier (the tradition being oldest son switching the name Felipe and Javier each generation). My granfather was Felipe, his first son (my uncle) was Javier, Javier's first son (my cousin) was Felipe, and his first son should have Javier. It became Aja. It's sad because his father (Javier) is dead, and according to everyone, no one in the family takes after him more... blah blah blah

You know.... YOU need to get slapped with the Tangent Stick. Excuse me while I make a quick phone call.

..did you know the name "Wendy" didnt exist before Peter Pan..?

Did ya know that that fucking eejit Paula Yates named her daughter Tiger-Lilly?

That was with Michael Hutchence - with Bob Geldof she named her daughter Fifi Trixibelle. Poor kids...

Then again, I'm adament that I'm calling my first born, male or female Screech.

• 1 year later...

I thought it was pretty relevant Jax. I also have a friend named Aja after the Steely Dan song, but she's a girl.

I can't stand the way celebrities are naming their kids these days. I mean seriously, Jason Lee nemed his kid Pilot Inspektor? And what's up w/ Gwyneth Paltrow naming her kid Apple? Is the next one going to be Kiwi? Or Strawberry? And then Courtney Cox, Coco? WTF? Do they think that because they have money their children will escape the cruelties of other children? Damn. If I ever meet a 45 year old woman named Fifi Trixibelle, I'll laugh at her!

• 2 weeks later...

Teddy Bear Robinson hehe. That's a little bit ridiculous.

Someone told me about a guy named Usnavy, because his parents saw it on the side of a boat when they came to this country.

One of my friends had a couple of kids in her class with odd names:

Lemonjello (pronounced "leman-zshello"), I think his brother might be named Orangello ("Oraun-zshello" I guess), but I could be wrong.

Flytron

I once got a credit card from Harry Cherry...don't you think he could have told them his name was Harold Cherry?

Another credit card from a Merlin. He seemed like a cool guy...but think of all the taunting he must have gotten from the kids at school.

I've heard a few more but I can't remember right now.

• 2 weeks later...

man, my brother got one of those and i was so jealous. so my mom got me this ridonkulous talking doll called cricket. ass.

anyway, if i had a kid, just for the hell of it, their middle name would definitley be megatron. maybe their first name. it depends on how bad the labor is.

Archived