Hondo's Bar

Meet my son, Xerox Verizon Machado

BigChiefSlapaho

That child will be hailed as the coolest kid.

I could technically call my kid Virgil because my grandfathers name was Virgilio (so I'd have reason - as if I needed one for a common name). So then if I have two boys, the other would be named Dante. I think that's still better than Teddy Bear Robinson, although not as cool as Megatron.

One drawback...Dante Santaella....it doesn't flow very well...

Shaquarious Mungus Alpha Megaman PCS

nah, because then their nickname would probably be like Shaq or somethin. and there's already a shaq. and he's not famous for being a transformer. unless you count going back and forth between being a shitty actor and a good basketball player, transforming.

• 1 year later...
My cousin's baby boy was named Aja (pronounced Asia) after a Steely Dan album. Needless to say, everyone in the family hates it, aprticularly because acording to traditon, he should have been called Javier (the tradition being oldest son switching the name Felipe and Javier each generation). My granfather was Felipe, his first son (my uncle) was Javier, Javier's first son (my cousin) was Felipe, and his first son should have Javier. It became Aja. It's sad because his father (Javier) is dead, and according to everyone, no one in the family takes after him more than Felipe. In his defense, it was not his idea or desire, it was his wife's, but he's folds to easily to her. To make the name thing even worse, his middle name is Francios (her father's name was Frank, so she made it French, for no reason at all). So now, a boy is named Aja (pronounced Asia) Francios Pazos. Talk about an identity crisis.

By the way, Aja in spanish is pronounced Aha. So he's Aha Francios. I pity this child.

I thought it was pretty relevant Jax. I also have a friend named Aja after the Steely Dan song, but she's a girl.

I can't stand the way celebrities are naming their kids these days. I mean seriously, Jason Lee nemed his kid Pilot Inspektor? And what's up w/ Gwyneth Paltrow naming her kid Apple? Is the next one going to be Kiwi? Or Strawberry? And then Courtney Cox, Coco? WTF? Do they think that because they have money their children will escape the cruelties of other children? Damn. If I ever meet a 45 year old woman named Fifi Trixibelle, I'll laugh at her!

Knew a girl in DFW by that name.

Let's see... I've known (different) parents that named their kids Catlin Morpheus (male, first and middle name... as in Sandman), Lain (girl thankfully, and adorable), Logan Piccolo (boy first and last, Logan as in Wolverine, Piccolo as in DBZ), and Shannen (boy).

... My Father tells me he wanted to name me Fleekwood Laser. I pray he's joking. Sometimes its hard to tell.

Archived