Hondo's Bar

A Tribe Called Quest

The NZA

finished up We Got It From Here...and, yeah, this is hands-down my album of the year. this isn't a dedication or collection of b-sides, this is Tribe doing their thing: Q-Tip & Phife trading verses, excellent beats & a message without being preachy. even better, you get a host of their disciples showing up; Andre 3000, Kendrick, Talib, Paak and of course Busta & Consequence. Tip gets a bit experimental towards the album's end like usual, but for a double LP this shit is fantastic & crazy relevant, so happy we got what we did before losing Phife.

A Tribe Called Quest return: ‘You fight for what you love – and you go through hell to get it’ - really touching Guardian piece, and after how bummed the docu Beats, Rhymes & Life left me, this was the best turnout i could imagine. really hopeful they'll go on tour with this next year, but literally can't wait to grab the album when it's for sale next month.

• 2 weeks later...