Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

the first suggestion ("the food forum!") is interesitng, might take a town square poll to show public interest.

the second....i dont know how to do that yet, but ill look to see if there's a mod/hack.

Couldn't just be in an extra space in the "Information" section?

oh, i can create custom profile fields, no problem. but then i either gotta manually link to em in that area, or each user has to - also bearing in mind that links work in these boxes, but i dont think bbc code or html wll fly, so it might just look like a long string of text.

but if people wanted a 'birthday thread" box, it could be done.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it a lot of headache and coding to place them in every single forum/subforum? I think Nick just placed them where they would be greatly needed/used for now.

PS if it's needed, I'm sure we (Jax, Nick, and myself) could go through and um. I don't know. edit the picture to just be a link? as well as the members who mod the particular forum the objectable content is in...

Isn't it a lot of headache and coding to place them in every single forum/subforum? I think Nick just placed them where they would be greatly needed/used for now.

PS if it's needed, I'm sure we (Jax, Nick, and myself) could go through and um. I don't know. edit the picture to just be a link? as well as the members who mod the particular forum the objectable content is in...

Well, I was going to sugggest a voluntary system, with the tags to cover pictures you wouldn't want people passing by to see (just like with spoilers, except a different title for it, cause I'm an asshole like that)

I'ma just declare Politics NSFW as a blanket policy and leave it at that.

So we shouldn't surprised if we see NSFW images there?

I say we expand on the food forum, to include drink, so its food and drink.

The pubs at the moment are just drunken havens, but a proper forum where would could trade recipes, suggestions, recommendations etc would be fun

Yeah, that sounds good. That's part of the reason I was unsure of whether the subforumshould be in the pubs or culture.

We don't already have spolier tags in all the forums? Now why wouldn't we have them?

Im gonna stop answering quetions that're in the FAQ soon.

MH nailed it: its a lot of thankless coding that goes away with every update of the board, and 90% of the time, you people dont notice them in other places than where they are. The hard coding is there so it looks like every forum does it, im just not gonna be bothered to do the rest of it in places like Fight Club where its ok to spoil things and be a dick, id imagine. You see me now, im here a few times a week if its slow, would you rather i was like Yahven and spend that time coding/learning and not posting?

Youll be happy to know that the new version of the board (we most likely wont switch till early '07, im waiting to see more of it) has built-in spoilers in every forum, but theyre just black blocks over the text for you to highlight and read...not as nice but theyll work.

Ill post later on what else to expect from this bold new board.

Food forum sounds good, itd take some shifting if youd rather it was sub'd by the pubs than culture, as in id have to move the powder room elsewhere, but it can be done if you guys want. You know the rules: id need to see interest, new threads/polls etc that prove itd gain interest for a bit before being forgotten.

Sorry, not trying to be an ungrateful dick, or anything (that just comes naturally).

As for the placement of a food forum, you're probably right about it needing to be in culture. I'll see about starting some threads.

Also, some existing threads would probably fit in there (What did you eat last, and there was one about junk food, both come immediately to mind).

True, id be happy to move em too.

I think i need to put into the all-loving FAQ some kinda criteria for a new sub-forum: application, 5+ threads showing interest in it, passes by an interest poll (usually in town square) etc. Then again, hon(DOS) just squeezed by much of that.

Quick question:

I inflated a number of users post #'s after the crash of '04, and the numbering/post total of the board is a bit buggy, or simpy off.

Im always kinda curious what the actual #'s are, but if i hit the button to calcluate, it fixes it for all of us. This'd forgive my -10,000 penance and prolly bump a number of you down whatever arbitrary # we came up with, but itd be accurate, anyway, as far as what's actually here.

Not a big issue, just curioius what everyone thinks, who'd care or not. A few of those who protested the most (Sig, Tussin etc) arent really around much, so its hard to gague.