Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

I'll second MH's approval of the accurate post suggestion.

Also, I agree, the Winter Secular... thing skin is quite nice. It once again brings me the

Help Search · Members · Calendar · My Controls · View New Posts · My Assistant · New Messages
options again, as well as looking quite nice. Edited by Lycaon

If I asked you to brig back the threads you lost, THAT would be unreasonable, but you ask to undo the punishment you agreed to endure for your horrible crime, and THAT'S supposed to be reasonable? Don't they teach you kids anything about duty and honor at fire acedemy? Evidently not.

I WOULD ask you to back up hondo's, correct the post numbers to satisfy your curiousity, then reload the back up, but we all know what happens when you go adminin' and boozin' at the same time (and as we all know, you're ALWAYS boozin'). CRASH! That's what!

Do what you need to do. You've already lost the respect of your peers.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Just kidding, I'm cool with it, on one condition:

Seriously, enable spoilers in all forums and we're cool.

Thrice embeded spoilers...for good, or for awesome?

*sigh*

i can do the spoiler tags, i can. its a bitch, but here's the catch:

again, there's a new version of the board out. im giving it a few months to work out kinks & release more skins, so this place wont be upgraded and have every forum looking the same, you know?

so what im saying is, in a short itme, this place is gonna be all new anyway, and spoiler tags are gonna be a standard thing. Again, not like how they are now; itll be a black block around the selected text, visible when you highlight it. It doesnt seem to hide images tho, so im still looking for a NSFW option.

Anyway, that's why it hasnt been done for every forum, and id still rather not fuck with the coding more than i have to, as jax has pointed out what happens when i do, but if you crazy kids really cant go another month or two without spoilers in fight club or the powder room or something...holla.

its more or less that, but instead of the text colored black, it just sorta makes the text background and text color (think AIM) black, so its a block you cant read shy of highlighting.

i was worried bout black forums too, but i dont see how you can see such a block anywhere...ill link to an example if anything, but you get the idea.

Ill make a thread later tonight with a full breakdown on what's new about this version as well.

• 1 month later...

zelda_absentLegend.gif

yeah, i kinda dissapear during the week when classes get going again...anyway.

...there, that's better.

New skins for most places (sports is the only one left from the old board, till i find a replacement), Gallery update, few fixes here & there. Plus, 2 new forums!

Next thing'll be some more background details (i gotta clean up the old Member Profiles section, im finding we have more space than i thought that way) and updating everyone's favorite FAQ.

tal_board_2_80.jpg

haha, i was wondering when somebody'd notice...

this version of the board's new, so skins are limited - meaning, if i see one that i think works, i run with it, regardless of origin (there's a turkish one about as well, and a russian one tho i think its translated). Long as it passes virus scan, i figure everyone's gonna know where the add reply button is.

In relevant news, i dont know when ill have time this week (more likely next) but ive found a few mods that should help uot round here, one of which would make signatures displayed only once per page, which given recent trends, i figure will be a welcome additon.

Still nothing on statistics or top 5 but its early on, so dont lose hope. I dont think ill be able to resolve the old spoiler issue, but again, quoting selected posts makes everything visible, which'll be a forthcoming FAQ addition.

Good thing i dindt put them in every forum after all, eh?

Yeah, i figure. We'll see, it doesnt look too difficult but it'll take some work.

That said, I decided to expand Hon(DOS) into a PC & electronics forum, so its now home for the tech junkies too. Gonna add some stuff to it to reflect the addition.