Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

• 3 weeks later...

alright, so i know im not around these days (hope i made that clear; didnt want to make a whole topic out of it in this forum, but again: hit me up with the big & technical things, jax & MH should be good for the day-to-day), but uh, what the hell?

i see the boycott FC thing has gained solidarity, but im lost. DA8 basically parades in his corner about his greatness, yes? Can Syndrome not be sidestepped if that's so bad, or is he all over the forum itself, in which case, i gotta ask, what exactly are you guys asking here?

if we democratically decided (hypothetically) to have him step down or something, youre thinking his ego will cede? cause i wouldnt be optimistic on that front.

fight club was never that important to me, just a place for light hearted attacks on people.

but really i don't see how it's so much worse now than it ever was.

syndrome is rubbish ok, but we knew that's what was gonna happen from the start.

the arena has nothing goin' on, skeet's busy that's understandable

and mayhem is one post re-edited over and over again.

but the main forum itself is the same as it always is, it just has'nt had a good thread in a while.

i don't get all this fuss over it

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is DA8. Before you crowned him Captain Dumbass of a corner's corner, he was a nuisance. Now he's pretty much flooded all of FC with his crap. He's all but ruined FC, has been overtly abusive of members above and beyond the normal pale of this place, and has even stepped over the same damned line YOU created as to what is unacceptable when arguing with the fairer sex. He's been allowed his time in his own corner of FC, and not only does he have NOTHING to show for it, he's actually managed to kill all of FC in the process. It's gone beyond just putting him on ignore: he can bypass that by simply flooding the entire forum where all you'll read is 'you have chosen to ignore this user'.

He is, effectively, the only permissible spammer in Hondo's.

Striping him of his modship will right the first wrong while having the added bonus of dealing a blow to his ego. The continuation of ignoring him will eventually drive him out.

But something HAS to be done about this guy, Nick.

Hell, I even propose we open a single thread in the dark, far recesses of either FC or the Crap Shack and simply move all of his posts from now on into that one thread, to keep the others free of his taint and clutter until he either a. reforms or b. leaves. But that might be viewed as excessive, so I'll leave that up to the rest of you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i like the new, new topic icons

such as t_new.gif

nice work

perhaps in the music thread a band of the week thread, everyone is free to nominate and whatever, put up lyrics, youtube clips and what have you...it'd be a good way to educate the folks musically, and expand the thread beyond "what are you listening to" and "lyrics game"

any progress on this?

Edited by alive she cried

thanks man, you know im happy when people notice the little things that took time.

for those wondering: yeah, im aware the new politics logo's out of sync, stillbored's working with me to help get rid of the overlapping skin arabia bit. Just so you all know, i found another gray one just like the last, but the banner link back to the board's root wasnt broken. I only wanted to try this one cause i really liked how it displays topics, its kinda unique. Im gonna work on fixing it tonight, if it doesnt go well, ill go with the other one.

thanks man, you know im happy when people notice the little things that took time.

for those wondering: yeah, im aware the new politics logo's out of sync, stillbored's working with me to help get rid of the overlapping skin arabia bit. Just so you all know, i found another gray one just like the last, but the banner link back to the board's root wasnt broken. I only wanted to try this one cause i really liked how it displays topics, its kinda unique. Im gonna work on fixing it tonight, if it doesnt go well, ill go with the other one.

I suggest nuking it from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.

Seriously though, if you need help with anything as far as forcing it to work right, let me know. I'll be up for the next several hours, I'm sure.

ctrl+c ctrl+v

c'mon man

youd think, but im afraid you likely havent used the CSS/coding shit these skins do. if you notice things in different places on some, its cause theyre coded differently; meaning, i have to backup everything i do or it comes crashing down. what's funny is, i plug in these extra values, right? then a later update or mod i put in causes some syntax error and the board's down for the greater part of the day while i get to either a) restore it to a functional point and sacrifice a week or so's posts, b) cry for help and hope upon hopes, or c) cleansing fire.

it starts like copy and paste, and it ends in tears. im telling you, ive learned to tread carefully here.

If I remember correctly, I don't think we can (being mainly due to me fucking some shit up and causing another great crash) but I want to offer my help, so: Can Drunken Deputies edit code and take care of that front?

oh man, ive been meaning to give you guys more admin control panel access and god how id love that, but truth be told, ive gotten good enough with the backups where im paranoid to have others involved unless theyre really good with this (read: stillbored, heh). if another deletion happens, i wanna make sure its covered or at least my fault and not ambiguous, but christ do i love your intentions.