Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ok, so - talking with newt about some forum changes. im planning on upgrading our software next year, just waiting for more mod/skin support first.

meantime, i know we talked about trimming the fat a bit, forum-wise....and i gotta ask:

I'm thinking about having Crap Shack eat Pimp Hand, as both are kind of meme/link/image central these days. anyone object to this?

Personally, I kind of have a hard time deciding what should go in pimp hand and what should go in crap shack if there aren't titties involved.

Perhaps pimp hand could be exclusively for titties and general sexiness?

I dunno man. I'm curious to hear the opinions of everyone else.

On an unrelated note I've been having problems lately with pics not always loading. I'll see some random comment from someone that strikes me as odd, next time I load the page "Oh, they were commenting on a pic". I never noticed the problem before recently and I'm a Firefox user. I have no addons. Any suggestions? Anyone else having the same problem?

ray-ray! stay focused!

not sure about pics loading, might be the source theyre hotlinking from? i see a lot of blank spots where red :love: would be sometimes too though, but mostly on older stuff.

thing is, im trying to consolidate some of our clutter, and yeah, im not sure what goes in crap shack and what goes into pimp hand either. I just think a giant NSFW forum (but publicly open - hot chicks is like our biggest viewed thread!) would save a lot of confusion. most other forums its fairly clean-cut for me (small overlap between pubs and town square occasionally), but i cant think of a reason not to have the Shack just absorb it.

I once again stand alone in waving the flag of a men's answer to the powder room, modded by Mr Haku, Panch, and maybe me. This could take Hot chicks, CS could take the meme traffic and HonDOS could maybe get that much-discussed upgrade with LoganThrizzle at the helm. Is that what I was needed for?

NO'MAAM could be the new Syndrome(a lovely but essentially failed experiement) as a subforum in FC, and also take some of the Pub's more male-oriented threads, CS could devour Pimp hand as suggested OR Pimp hand could become the new hobby forum. I could personally see hobbies go as a subforum to Fantastic Forum or Nintendorks though, since all three are hobbies.

not sure about pics loading, might be the source theyre hotlinking from? i see a lot of blank spots where red :love: would be sometimes too though, but mostly on older stuff.

This'll be on stuff that just got posted sometimes. I dunno. Not really that big of a deal.

Guests are always all over the Hot Chicks thread and Sex with cartoon characters. It's funny to me.

I once again stand alone in waving the flag of a men's answer to the powder room, modded by Mr Haku, Panch, and maybe me. This could take Hot chicks, CS could take the meme traffic and HonDOS could maybe get that much-discussed upgrade with LoganThrizzle at the helm. Is that what I was needed for?

NO'MAAM could be the new Syndrome(a lovely but essentially failed experiement) as a subforum in FC, and also take some of the Pub's more male-oriented threads, CS could devour Pimp hand as suggested OR Pimp hand could become the new hobby forum. I could personally see hobbies go as a subforum to Fantastic Forum or Nintendorks though, since all three are hobbies.

alright, well...

1) hobby' forums (basically) done. one more subforum for the ghettos, woo hoo!

2) aw, you're just talkin hot chicks thread by itself, all the other Pimp topics are quietly weeping.

we could do a NO MAAM/mantown in FC if you want, but does that even need the hot chicks thread? i could leave a link in there and pin it or some shit. mind you, wherever that topic goes - as logan pointed out - it should prolly be viewable to the public, and that doesnt sound FC-like im thinking.

really though, i could toss together a NO MAAM subby in FC right now, what's one more ghetto in that dark corner? you just tell me what topics to toss in and what your aim is.

3) im treating Hon(DOS) as the PC/gadgets/tech-talk forum for now. i cant recall why i thought this was relevant. oh, right - ok, well we could try that out on its own in the entertainment list and see what comes of it, logan and gun both think its got legs under it.

so no real opposition to Pimp Hand being absorbed, then? ill let the idea linger a few days and then just do whatever i fancy, as the toy forum poll clearly indicates.

No sir, I don't like it.

If anything should be absorbed and turned into a ghetto subforum, it should be the Crap Shack.

Why don't you make the crap shack a sub-forum of Pimp Hand?

Wise words you speak <3 I agree with Aarty!

... We appear to agree on this.

This new Dark Illuminati threatens the status quo. I agree that the soft crisps banner needs to be immortalised(I'll happily take it for the NO MAAM forum), but removing the Crap Shack? Agreed there's a remarkable absense if Sig, The Irish, and Acalis(the only people keeping that place active), but without it how will we appreciate how not terrible the rest of Hondos is? CS is the opposite number of the rest of Hondos that keeps the moral balance.

This new Dark Illuminati threatens the status quo. I agree that the soft crisps banner needs to be immortalised(I'll happily take it for the NO MAAM forum), but removing the Crap Shack? Agreed there's a remarkable absense if Sig, The Irish, and Acalis(the only people keeping that place active), but without it how will we appreciate how not terrible the rest of Hondos is? CS is the opposite number of the rest of Hondos that keeps the moral balance.

So it should EXPAND, swallowing up the Pimp Hand? Fuck that noise. Making it a subforum of the Pimp Hand would keep it around, without sacrificing the Pimp Hand.

So it should EXPAND, swallowing up the Pimp Hand? Fuck that noise. Making it a subforum of the Pimp Hand would keep it around, without sacrificing the Pimp Hand.

Yes, I will get you some purple stuff.

Incase you didn't catch, I said Dark Illuminati because you're a coloured.