Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

See I'd never have known. This description would never lead me into Fantastic Forum in the first place to see the tag line on Men of Action.

The Fantastic Forum!

Men of Action (Figures)

Graphic Novels, Comic Books & Manga - The bastard child of pop culture, telling stories about superheroes & every other genre. Now featuring sample art & reviews.

Uhhh, yeah. That would be because it doesn't make any sense. I guess it's because they sell some toys and gaming stuff in comic book stores? Tenuous connection at best.

I honestly have no idea what the logic was there. I'm thinking he just wanted it to have a subforum.

neeeeerrds :2T:

crim wanted it to have a corner for that too, but since it's been open for how long now and this is the first time it's been brought up, you can kinda get where i'm going with this.

i'll add tabletop gaming to the description, unless ya'll got something specific you wanna see? cause yeah, that'd be the corner for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There should be a way to ignore threads. Indefinitely or put a time period on it like say, 2 weeks. I'm referring to the Avengers thread. It would be nice to remove temptation of clicking it by having it just not show up on you feed or recently replied to stuff. Also would help for annoying threads you just don't have any interest in. Could come in handy for future stuff.

• 1 month later...

I know right! Such heat, I don't need this jacket.

I think it's hotter in the cities, and further into the evening. Makes sense, what with all the concrete and metal absorbing and releasing that ambient heat. Not to mention the millions of bodies running along at a toasty 98 degrees.

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestion: Since our search function is fucked, maybe some means of tagging or quickfiltering particular posts for later? I only bring it up because my Hakuing of +1's remains unfullfilled when I don't come here for 3 days and forget who I promised props to.

I'll field that one.

As of now, no. The only way you can view reputation also shows you who is doing it, there's no limiting variable there. Just to-see or not-to-see.

Here's hoping the mod community whips something up though, because I think that would be really cool. Like a "View reputation changes" tab or something.

i'll be honest; im ducking a small upgrade cause ive yet to sort if it will break some of our current mods - it shoudln't, but there's always a disclaimer, and again there's a short list i personally need to make life easier, and a few this board would feel broken without (shoutbox etc).

so i haven't kept up with the modding scene this iteration as much - which should be interesting, since one of my biggest resources now seems closed - but it's possible a custom one for feedback exists, though again, most of them now are done commission-based, meaning you pay a guy to write it, hope it works, and hope he wants your money/can do it again next upgrade.

my favorite bit of all this was back in like '03 when yahve said the upgrade to 1.(x) would be the "forever" one and scripts/skins would forever be backwards compatible, bwahahaha oh god i believed him so