Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

EDIT:

Oh sweet sweet irony!!!

Correction-

"Grammar erros?" = "Grammatical Errors?"

Grammar, i says!

Ban DoJ, and Jont and Ill come back. simple.

You cant be serious. If it was your call, what would be your cause for bannig these two? personal preference?

He turned on you, yeah, but i shifted around the mods - youll notice i left you on music, where i think you put in a lotta work and your name's gonna stay there even if you decide to leave, cause of respect.

DOJ hasnt gone any further out of line than you, me, arch or others have at times, and he's been puttin in work & requested video games - mod's abilites here are pretty limited, its largely a name thing, no reason not to.

Annoying's a subjective term; disrespectul and vicous - Jont? Mebbe, but again, no more so than any of us, i mean christ, Skeet's a mod too and he averages chasing off a member every couple months or so.

you know i wont ask you or anyone else to leave.

I mean, take last night for example, Jont has a siclness. His sickness, is that he's so bored, he's becoming an annoying stalkative repostite. His energy is derived both he and DOJ for that matter, following me around in the threads and posting comments on whats said.

I mean, I mad a totally random serene, funny post , which I titled "say it agian Dave, its funny" from my brother Dave's blog, and this guy posts... you forgot the link.

It's harrasing, and done to make me look like an ass. Pure and simple. And earlier he (tongue in cheeked) a comment about me being back and posting randomingly after hours.

Shit or get off the pot right?

Its rather annoying IMO.

Hey man, I didnt invent the wheel, Im no Shakespeare, but Godammit I played hard here. Invested alot of time and now this loud mouthed kid in doJ that I spent time linking his ass to music and games, has the audacity and belittl me down.

I took my lumps from the like of MH, but dammit, she played clean. despite our differences... and she's been here longer.

This guys a fucking asshole, Nick andf you know it.

I deserve better than indirectly being forced to the door.

I didnt start this shit. It came for me.

PS your answer is fair in the PM you sent me. I will take this to PM from now on, so this doesnt become a laundry airing here.

Fair enough Nick. Your the admin.

Its true that DOJ didnt stick to his boycott, but again, im not sure what youd have me do about Jont. I figured that was what caused you to most recently leave...but he's not doing anything out of line. If you feel youre being legitimately harrassed, you can always go to your control panel and click "ignore user", but giving you shit isnt a bannable offense. Again, if it was, there'd be like 2 people here, and theyd both somehow be MH.

I know you put in work, and i respect that. You put in enough that if youdve had a fair idea for a new forum/subforum, and followed the guidelines, youd prolly have gotten it, as others have (arc: fight club, benny: sanctuary, etc). Its one of the reasons ive defended you when there was unnecessary potshots, and again, tried to make you feel welcome. You gotta respect my position here: i cant make everyone get along, nor would i want to.

A few folks - and lets not be coy, its in their sigs: MH, Skeet, DOJ, Mr. Ex - put the boycott thing in their sig. You chose to keep participating, and like i said, youre more than welcome to that, man - but whether you stay or go at the end of the day is your call, nothing i or anyone's gonna do here'll force you off.

I again ask what youd have me reasonably do here.

Its true that DOJ didnt stick to his boycott, but again, im not sure what youd have me do about Jont. I figured that was what caused you to most recently leave...but he's not doing anything out of line. If you feel youre being legitimately harrassed, you can always go to your control panel and click "ignore user", but giving you shit isnt a bannable offense. Again, if it was, there'd be like 2 people here, and theyd both somehow be MH.

I know you put in work, and i respect that. You put in enough that if youdve had a fair idea for a new forum/subforum, and followed the guidelines, youd prolly have gotten it, as others have (arc: fight club, benny: sanctuary, etc). Its one of the reasons ive defended you when there was unnecessary potshots, and again, tried to make you feel welcome. You gotta respect my position here: i cant make everyone get along, nor would i want to.

A few folks - and lets not be coy, its in their sigs: MH, Skeet, DOJ, Mr. Ex - put the boycott thing in their sig. You chose to keep participating, and like i said, youre more than welcome to that, man - but whether you stay or go at the end of the day is your call, nothing i or anyone's gonna do here'll force you off.

I again ask what youd have me reasonably do here.

That's the problem. No one ever wants anyone to stay or bring stuff here. Lately it's a cuthroat fight club. I'm not saying stroke my feathers man, I'm just saying that respect begets repsect.

If that's the general consensus... it's a sad is all.

Yes. Yes, you have.

it wasnt an easy decision, and its not one ive done before, but on June 29th you edited a score of your own posts, taking back everything you said, not the hostile things but the good times that were shared. Additionally, you edited at least one of Skeeter's posts, in what appared to be a malicous way.

Youre more than welcome here anytime you like, but even self-censoring on the scale you shot for violates pretty much the only rule of this joint. In the past, 2 moderators have outright deleted things they didnt like, and they simply lost the ability to do so, so i figured the same applied here. No offense was intended, but i couldnt abide by it any longer.

Additionally, the Hondo's awards are not transferable: you earned it this year, its yours. But its a shame you no longer want it.

The illusion of power is a great thing.

Yeah, we're anti-deleting, im just gonna merge em all eventually, cause spongey's constant answers salvaged em for me.

:D Anyway, welcome! You too shall now join the crackorz11!

Okay I found it. March 05.

Yeah, we're anti-deleting.

i dont know that its a general consensus, but i did name the relevant members, which youre well aware of. though their issues seem unrelated to your contributions - but again, its not my battle, and for what its worth, ive defended you & your works.

im not sure what you were gettin at with the '05 quote; if i wasnt clear on us being anti-deleting before, its because i figured it was a given, with our censorship policy. If im not cool with people having to alter their words to suit the tastes of others, why would i be content with people deleting their own posts/threads when they feel different down the road...?

There's crap shack, there's the (rare) option of locking threads, there's other raods to go down before just wiping things from existence and pretending they didnt happen.

I mean, take last night for example, Jont has a siclness. His sickness, is that he's so bored, he's becoming an annoying stalkative repostite. His energy is derived both he and DOJ for that matter, following me around in the threads and posting comments on whats said.

Find one post where I've insulted you. Actually insulted you, not disagreed with you, not said something you thought was snippy or said something you didn't like.

I don't have time to. Unlike you, my life has purpose and I don't have mind numbing hours, like the girlfriendless hobbit that you are to commit my precious time to searching through the threads for scraps.

It's there. Go look yourself.

And there you have why Music Maniac should leave.

i second jonts movement..... (oddly enough. this doesnt happen much....)

as for me turning on you MM, well, that was your own doing, jumping into my spat with 2t uninvited, messaging me asking if the insult you laid down was good enough, pmming me telling me to "look out, jont and his girl just came on"... i mean, what was up with that, did you not have enough balls just to A, stay out of it, or B, if you were to get involved, not have to ask someone younger than you for approval on something you said.......

then you saying and coming back within the week was just annoying and was totally attention seeking, anyway, this is Not the right thread, if you want to talk to me, pm me......

I don't have time to. Unlike you, my life has purpose and I don't have mind numbing hours, like the girlfriendless hobbit that you are

MusicManiac

Jont

Edited by Don Baineone

This is rediculous.

Jont, DoJ: Stop.

MM: ignore them.

There. It's really that simple. The two Irishmen: you don't like MM. Fine. Who the fuck cares. But saying he should leave the boards because you don't like him is asinine at best. If that were the official Hondonian policy, Nick's right, MH would be here with her horde of Kittens.

You guys have made your point, first with your childish 'Boycott MM' sig and then with you following him around. Yes, you two do have a hard-on for him, and at this point, it's only fair that he be pissed as fuck at you two.

I'm not saying he's blameless. He's dished out as much as he's gotten. But enough is enough. Grow the fuck up.

I'm telling you right now, if you force MM of this board, them i'm leaving, too, and you two can fuck yourselves.

I'm telling you right now, if you force MM of this board, them i'm leaving, too, and you two can fuck yourselves.

" I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it. "

- Gracchus, Derek Jacobi - Gladiator, 2000

:yup: Thanks man.

Edited by MusicManiac

I think the only way someone can officially leave a message board is through death. No matter who goes for what reason, for how long... They'll always come back.

i think youre thinking of marvel comics.

Jont, DoJ: Stop.

MM: ignore them.

There. It's really that simple. The two Irishmen: you don't like MM. Fine. Who the fuck cares. But saying he should leave the boards because you don't like him is asinine at best. If that were the official Hondonian policy, Nick's right, MH would be here with her horde of Kittens.

Stop what exactly? I've said unfavourable things about MM before sure, and I'm not going to forgive him for being short tempered and abusive at times, but I've still stuck up for him and spoke my mind when I thought things were getting out of hand.

And there we go, another direct personal attack on a forum member, the sort that would result in a ban or at least a post deletion on any actual regular forum.