Hondo's Bar

Actual Suggestion Box

The NZA

Jont's free to speak his piece, and he's not antagonizing here, either.

And there we go, another direct personal attack on a forum member, the sort that would result in a ban or at least a post deletion on any actual regular forum.

though youve highlighted a few quotes now and proven them as personal attacks, im uncertain what youd want of this non-actual irregular forum of ours; i dont believe its a banning, nor a censoring, so fill me in here.

Jont's a prick who should learn to drink up his guiness whenever he decides to open his mouth, and not respond to posts that have old problems that have already been dealt with.

What he wants is for people he doesn't agree with to leave. Too bad, pissant. Fuck off.

See? THAT'S a personal attack. What you quoted was not a personal attack..though I'm sure I could quote many personal attacks you've made. So hear's an idea, stop being a hypocrite you lush.

Oh, and Jont? If you don't like what I or any one else says, you have two options:

Ignore us or leave.

But unlike MM, I'll verbally abuse you mercilessly if you continue down this road. I don't take kindly to fools.

Edited by archangel

Oh, and Jont? If you don't like what I or any one else says, you have two options:

Ignore us or leave.

Fine, ignore me or leave

I'm not suggesting we start banning members, but if you go to other message boards like Warren Ellis's Engine you'll notice how quickly assholes dissapear leaving barely a foot print, and the place is undoubtedly better for it.

I'm not claiming to be a friendly figure of fun, I don't agree with everyone, I don't praise people unconditionally and I don't expect to be liked by everyone, but I've more imagination than to stoop to petty insults and baseless aggressive behaviour.

Jont's a prick who should learn to drink up his guiness whenever he decides to open his mouth, and not respond to posts that have old problems that have already been dealt with.

Thanks for proving that the problem isn't dealt with.

And stop using the word pissant, this is the Twenty-First Century, are we going to start slapping each other with gloves next?

oh, thank god, i was afraid there'd be acutal suggestions in the suggestin box, rather than more personal attacks.

where again did jont throw out personal attacks, to warrant the ones being lobbed at him now?

I'm not suggesting we start banning members, but if you go to other message boards like Warren Ellis's Engine you'll notice how quickly assholes dissapear leaving barely a foot print, and the place is undoubtedly better for it.

Again, if you like that system so much, then go there. But keep in mind that an asshole is a very subjective point of view. For example: I think you're an asshole, but I'm not calling for you to be banned.

I'm not claiming to be a friendly figure of fun, I don't agree with everyone, I don't praise people unconditionally and I don't expect to be liked by everyone, but I've more imagination than to stoop to petty insults and baseless aggressive behaviour.

...like following members you obviously don't like into other forums just so that you can stir the shit then follow it up by calling for them to be banned? Or perhaps going back to posts that had fighting going on after they problem's subsided only to stir the shit again? I think that qualifies as petty and aggressive behavior, passive aggressive, but aggressive nontheless.

And stop using the word pissant, this is the Twenty-First Century, are we going to start slapping each other with gloves next?

listen fucker, I use whatever language I damned well please. It's not my fault your vocabulary is limmited to grunts and different synonyms for 'beer'.

Nice rant Arch.... But this be the Suggestion Box. We're pissing on the system!

sorry don, but pricks like Jont need to be dealt with, lest they think they can get away with shit.

where again did jont throw out personal attacks, to warrant the ones being lobbed at him now?

I was merely demonstrating the difference between a disagreement and a personal attack. The first thing he quoted was a disagreement. The latter stuff is certaintly personal attacks.

But any schmuck who calls for the banning of another member of personal disagreements is a schmuck who doesn't understand Hondos worth a damn. That's very insulting, Nick. Hondos has never been about banning people, and I don't particularly appreciate dicks like Jont suggesting we start now. He doesn't like it? Tough shit, go to Ellis's if he likes that system better. But don't come here and attempt to change a tennent of the boards because he can't handle differences of oppinions.

Christ almighty, if you were to ban 'assholes', there wouldn't be a person left on Hondos! (barring MH)

Again, if you like that system so much, then go there. But keep in mind that an asshole is a very subjective point of view. For example: I think you're an asshole, but I'm not calling for you to be banned.

...like following members you obviously don't like into other forums just so that you can stir the shit then follow it up by calling for them to be banned? Or perhaps going back to posts that had fighting going on after they problem's subsided only to stir the shit again? I think that qualifies as petty and aggressive behavior, passive aggressive, but aggressive nontheless.

listen fucker, I use whatever language I damned well please. It's not my fault your vocabulary is limmited to grunts and different synonyms for 'beer'.

sorry don, but pricks like Jont need to be dealt with, lest they think they can get away with shit.

I was merely demonstrating the difference between a disagreement and a personal attack. The first thing he quoted was a disagreement. The latter stuff is certaintly personal attacks.

But any schmuck who calls for the banning of another member of personal disagreements is a schmuck who doesn't understand Hondos worth a damn. That's very insulting, Nick. Hondos has never been about banning people, and I don't particularly appreciate dicks like Jont suggesting we start now. He doesn't like it? Tough shit, go to Ellis's if he likes that system better. But don't come here and attempt to change a tennent of the boards because he can't handle differences of oppinions.

Christ almighty, if you were to ban 'assholes', there wouldn't be a person left on Hondos! (barring MH)

I gotcha back dude.

I just signed upto that Engine forum. I emailed Warren Ellis asking him about Transmetropolitan, if Spider was based on Hunter S. Thompson. He replied in about a minute! All he said was " Partially. " Which I thought was pretty kick arse.

Warren is a real badass! He's very fan friendly and down to earth, and that makes the world smile

That's a bit out of line.

Im well aware of our policies, so are you, so is jont. He made an off the cuff remark about how other forums rid themselves of assholes (true, its subjective, but in some instances, lets say spamming or posting for the sole purpose of harassment) by outright banning. Ive been banned before for simple disagreements of opinion.

I'm not suggesting we start banning members

Hondos has never been about banning people, and I don't particularly appreciate dicks like Jont suggesting we start now.

He compared our policy to others. he started it by saying he's not calling for banning. The only person who has in recent times is MM, in which to be fair, i also beieve was an off the cuff remark.

As i understand it, youre accusing Jont of harassment of MM based on him posting in certain threads MM has, asking him to cite material he used (i dont know any other instances than those). Potshots from both parties aside, i dont know that ive seen jont to have launched a personal attack, at least none ive seen in this thread, but youre justifying the barrage of them youre sending him by twisting Jont's words, something that - in all fairness - youd be upset if he did. Correct me here if im wrong.

The white flag was wavied, the Civil War is officially over. I'm not naive enough to think tensions are now nonexistent, nor have all parties returned here (something im working on), and i still expect potshots here & there from said parties, but im hoping to not have these camps continue growing, much less make the new & classic members that've returend recnetly uncomrtable again.

and yeah, we can continue this here but when it dies down, im moving it

That's a bit out of line.

Im well aware of our policies, so are you, so is jont. He made an off the cuff remark about how other forums rid themselves of assholes (true, its subjective, but in some instances, lets say spamming or posting for the sole purpose of harassment) by outright banning. Ive been banned before for simple disagreements of opinion.

He compared our policy to others. he started it by saying he's not calling for banning. The only person who has in recent times is MM, in which to be fair, i also beieve was an off the cuff remark.

As i understand it, youre accusing Jont of harassment of MM based on him posting in certain threads MM has, asking him to cite material he used (i dont know any other instances than those). Potshots from both parties aside, i dont know that ive seen jont to have launched a personal attack, at least none ive seen in this thread, but youre justifying the barrage of them youre sending him by twisting Jont's words, something that - in all fairness - youd be upset if he did. Correct me here if im wrong.

The white flag was wavied, the Civil War is officially over. I'm not naive enough to think tensions are now nonexistent, nor have all parties returned here (something im working on), and i still expect potshots here & there from said parties, but im hoping to not have these camps continue growing, much less make the new & classic members that've returend recnetly uncomrtable again.

and yeah, we can continue this here but when it dies down, im moving it

I gotcha back Nick! :pokes tongue at MM:

You're so fucking queer it makes the fillings that fell outta my teeth, rattled down my JD-strepped throat & sent swimming onto Toowoomba's water-reserve months ago hurt. Are we still doing 'gotcha back?' 'Cause I caught onto the utter childishness of that a while back, hence my sig-ban of the lovely Ray's Anti-rego, Pro-Hondos tirade. I've 'got Arch's-bloody-back, but he's still being a gorm. If I say it a million fucking times I STILL won't get his undeserved loyalty to you. I'm not being funny, I'm not being condescending to Arch. ONE FUCKING REASON beyond of course, that ever-waning mumble of 'he's a good guy'. SI'll bet that started out as a great warcry but these days if you utter it at the monitor Bunny won't put out eh? Jokes man, I swear. I didn't apologise to Amber for the shock value of it, I'd hoped you people'd bloody see there's a greater good to cater to here of which we're all a part. I'ma do my best to ignore the elements of Hondos things that'll insist on clinging for a slow death. Hell, the furriest bunny'll always have more shit sticking to it's fur. Back inna day it was SpongeBob, now it's MM. Let's ask Spongey what he thinks of all this eh?

Uhh... Spongebob?

Anyways, this post was sponsored by those liberal zombie-grandma-raping flag-burning Anti-registrairs, and more specifically Nick, whose endless PMs & long-winded rants onna Knoll just made me want to shit. Then the dirty scum had his missus hit me up on msn at god-knows what time going on about peace and love. You win this round Custer.

You're so fucking queer it makes the fillings that fell outta my teeth, rattled down my JD-strepped throat & sent swimming onto Toowoomba's water-reserve months ago hurt. Are we still doing 'gotcha back?' 'Cause I caught onto the utter childishness of that a while back, hence my sig-ban of the lovely Ray's Anti-rego, Pro-Hondos tirade. I've 'got Arch's-bloody-back, but he's still being a gorm. If I say it a million fucking times I STILL won't get his undeserved loyalty to you. I'm not being funny, I'm not being condescending to Arch. ONE FUCKING REASON beyond of course, that ever-waning mumble of 'he's a good guy'. SI'll bet that started out as a great warcry but these days if you utter it at the monitor Bunny won't put out eh? Jokes man, I swear. I didn't apologise to Amber for the shock value of it, I'd hoped you people'd bloody see there's a greater good to cater to here of which we're all a part. I'ma do my best to ignore the elements of Hondos things that'll insist on clinging for a slow death. Hell, the furriest bunny'll always have more shit sticking to it's fur. Back inna day it was SpongeBob, now it's MM. Let's ask Spongey what he thinks of all this eh?

Uhh... Spongebob?

Anyways, this post was sponsored by those liberal zombie-grandma-raping flag-burning Anti-registrairs, and more specifically Nick, whose endless PMs & long-winded rants onna Knoll just made me want to shit. Then the dirty scum had his missus hit me up on msn at god-knows what time going on about peace and love. You win this round Custer.

Welcome back, you kangaroo fuck. :???:

Actually, contacting you, I did on my own accord.

All I have to say is DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE I SENT YOU!!! I REPEAT DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE I SENT YOU!!!

Uhh... Spongebob?

Sketter, I have the remedy to cure your MM sickness.

Hit the ignore button.

Like I'm gonna do for you right... now. :???:

I don't appreciate any talks on banning, and Jont was indirectly suggesting we should adopt the policies of other forums. Every time he sees something he doesn't like it's 'and that's precisely the kind of language that would get you banned on other forums'. That's like me saying 'Well, I'm Not Saying Jax sucks cock...but I saw him on his knees in front of 2track the other day, and 2Track's pants where down....'

Fuck. Him.

The situation was over and he had to come and kick up the shit again.

Oh, and Skeet? I'd come to anyone's defense if the situation where the same. Hell, if this where Jax I would have said the same thing. This isn't a question of loyalty of 'sides', but rather a question of what's acceptable and what isn't (granted that's also subjective, but I'm talking about the core principles of this place).

look, I know a lot of you and MM went at each other's throats, and that more than half of you are still pissed at him. Fine. But gunning after a member in this fashion is mean spirited and completely bullshit. For Christ's sake people, you all can't possibly dislike MM more than Jax and I dislike each other, and while things do get pretty fucking dicey between us, it's always stayed in one of two forums: Fight Club or Politics, where that kind of thing is encouraged. But even THEN, as much as we've attacked each other, we've never called for the other person to be banned.

Just get over it already, all of you.

Nope sorry, not done yet. Arch? I'd agree with ya if we were persecuting a Hondonian, but MM's cut his teeth as the Hondonian of the F-ing year, which is a position in itself I used to respect, but has also proven with lies & threats via PM(not to me, but that's a serious line crossed right there) that he's not worthy of this esteemed company. I only came back 'cause I was told I could say what I wanted as long as I didn't wind up any more fights, so I'm just here to see this done. And soz MM, but ostrich syndrome ain't my style. Works for you then good, but I doubt it. How's it works anyways? You won't get to read ANY of this?!

I don't appreciate any talks on banning, and Jont was indirectly suggesting we should adopt the policies of other forums. Every time he sees something he doesn't like it's 'and that's precisely the kind of language that would get you banned on other forums'.

All I meant to say is that on other forums people don't act like assholes, and it they do, they disappear quickly.

You can take that to mean that I would rather abuse be deleted or that I would hope that people wouldn't be assholes in the first place. It's up to you.

ostrich syndrome is most definitely not my style, either. I'm American, not French.

Either way, regardless on what you may think of him, Skeet, MM is still a Hondonian. You may dislike him, but let's be serious here: if the standard of being a member of this community where based on popularity, some of us (myself probably leading the pack) would have been outed a while ago.

Jont: whatever your intentions, i don't care anymore. I'm on vacation, and I just don't really give a damn anymore. What you said came off as insinuating the banning/barring/censoring of unfavorable members, and me being who I am here, I took that quite seriously. Not only is it wrong (got into a huge argument on that very subject on another forum) but it's a dangerous precedent to set.

Again, I know there's bad blood between the lot of you and MM, but honestly, get over it. It happened, it's over. Don't respect him: Neither I nor anyone else here can force you to, but don't gun for him either. That's childish and petty.