Hondo's Bar

Best John Hughes film

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, just browsed IMDB to find some sort of retort, and Broderick's career is truly a Smörgåsbord of shame after 1986.

I blame karma. This cunt murdered two people in Ireland in 1987. He was driving on the wrong side of the road because he's a stupid asshole of an American and he plowed head on into some law abiding citizens. Killed a 30 year old woman and her 63 year old mother instantly.

He was charged with causing death by dangerous driving and faced a prison term of up to five years. It was later changed to "Careless Driving" and he was charged $175.

2 people DIED because this shitdick forgot he was in Europe and he gets charged $175? Fucking travesty.

This is actually some of the most convincing evidence I've found that there is a god. He's been sentenced to do shit like Inspector Gadget and Good Boy! by a higher power. Plus he has to crawl into bed with Sarah Jessica Parker every night *shudder*.

She looks like a foot.

You're all crazy! First of all, Election is one of the best movie of the past 10 years, hands down. Secondly, the Producers was excellent. Also, the Cable Guy was flawed, but still really dark and there's alot to like about it despite it's flaws. He was also Simba in the Lion King. Also, I never saw it, but heard good things about The Road To Welville. He was also in Glory. Has his career been consistently good? No, but it hasn't been consistently bad either, so you guys can all suck it!

You're all crazy! First of all, Election is one of the best movie of the past 10 years, hands down. Secondly, the Producers was excellent. Also, the Cable Guy was flawed, but still really dark and there's alot to like about it despite it's flaws. He was also Simba in the Lion King. Also, I never saw it, but heard good things about The Road To Welville. He was also in Glory. Has his career been consistently good? No, but it hasn't been consistently bad either, so you guys can all suck it!

See, I like all those movies, but Broderick is the same stammering awkward moron that he's played in every non-Bueller movie since. Being in a good movie is not equal to being good IN a movie. Also, the remake of the Producers is pretty weak, but then again I have memories of Gene Wilder and a good Mel Brooks movie to cloud my judgement.

And as far as Simba goes, anybody could have played that part (except Gilbert Gottfried) it wasn't exactly like it required any special talent on Broderick's part.

Wow, just browsed IMDB to find some sort of retort, and Broderick's career is truly a Smörgåsbord of shame after 1986.

I blame karma. This cunt murdered two people in Ireland in 1987. He was driving on the wrong side of the road because he's a stupid asshole of an American and he plowed head on into some law abiding citizens. Killed a 30 year old woman and her 63 year old mother instantly.

He was charged with causing death by dangerous driving and faced a prison term of up to five years. It was later changed to "Careless Driving" and he was charged $175.

2 people DIED because this shitdick forgot he was in Europe and he gets charged $175? Fucking travesty.

This is actually some of the most convincing evidence I've found that there is a god. He's been sentenced to do shit like Inspector Gadget and Good Boy! by a higher power. Plus he has to crawl into bed with Sarah Jessica Parker every night *shudder*.

She looks like a foot.

Wow, I completely forgot about that! You know you may be right w/ the karma thing. While Jax is right about his parts in some other good movies since then (Glory, Election) and some flawed yet entertaining ones (Wellville, Cable Guy) he's never ever come close the the success or overall high quality of a film role as he did in Ferris. But I don't think he's crawling into bed w/ SJP; she's likely his beard...