Hondo's Bar

Facebook & Social Networking sites

The NZA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey, so i was tryin to trick out my page like Cap'n and La Lindsay have, and it went...ok.

I used the image RA did up in Town Square (thanks again), but in IE, you cant really tell....since its a largely black & red image, and no font color seems to show well over it, i did tables/borders for all the boxes with info, which now block out said image, unless youre using Firefox, in which case you can see a wee bit of it.

Anyone good with this, have any ideas how to display it better? not a horribly big deal, but itd be cool.

You think so? youre way better at this stuff than i am, dear RA....could you take a look at myspace page and lemme know what you think? could i do somethin with the borders/boxes thatd work, or you think just doing the font'd be better? It looks decent now, just wish itd show more.

Hm... This will be challenging. Myspace's layout makes it difficult to have a large image as a background without having some kind of conflict. By themselves the image AND your myspace are pretty kickass. But together they're going to pose a problem. I knocked down the saturation on your background and tested it against some white text, but in the live environment of Myspace, with the table boxes and such, it may still not work. Part of the problem your page faces right now is that people post images like they're going out of fuckin' style on MySpace comments. Something to maybe try is to take the image I redid and make it into a static background. Also, take off the white background in your tables, and make the table border width zero. Finally, ake all your text and make it white, as I've found that shows up best over this image. Obviously play with it to make it your own layout. lemme know if I can do anything else for ya. mdfr_dark.jpg

it'd be a bit big in size but you could make the canvas size either 800x600 or 1024x768 (average native res.). In photoshop all you'd have to do is open the image, stretch the CANVAS (not image) size to whatever rez you want, then paint the remaining background black. I'd do it right now but I just rolled out of bed. :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

you know...this guy said it today: if youre down for meetin fee-males off the internets, myspace is like a supermarket of ho's.

Seriously; shit's ridiculous. It started off as some models doin it, but now like half the chicks got close ups of their T or A as their main pic...its like a subculture of attention whores. Its fun, i mean im there a lot too, but its about the only site i can think of where you can meet people, go listen to some guy's music, and while youre doin it, get messaged with naked pics of some 14 year old goth chick.

• 2 months later...
IF MYSPACE WAS REAL LIFE:

Tila Tequila & FORBIDDEN would know everyone in the whole world.

You would struggle over the time it takes someone you like to crack your top 8.

19 year old boys wouldn't own shirts and 19 year old girls would not own pants.

If you're a fat girl, people would only see you from the shoulders up.

Girls would always be posing, cheeks sucked in and lips puckered two feet off their face.

Your attraction to someone would be based on their favorite clothing label, their favorite band, and a survey.

All females are bi and all males drive import muscle cars

Your driver's license would have hearts around your name or quote from an emo song.

The phrases "Yo," "your hawt," or "hit me back some time" would attract the opposite sex.

Bands with 3 song demos could book stadium tours.

Lesbian women would not allow anyone with a penis within 50 yards of them, not even to deliver a pizza.

It would be perfectly acceptable to blurt out any random filthy perverse sexual thought at any random woman/man you thought was "hawt" as a first greeting.

It would be no more unusual to see a man walking around displaying his erect, naked penis than it would be to see random women running around in a g-string w/nothing covering their breasts but their hands.

Every woman from the o.c. would have a boobjob.

Every man from the o.c. would have sleeves.

You would look your very best at all times.

Everyone would make $100,000 a year or higher.

There would be a lot of youthful looking 99 year olds.

Blogs would be required reading and any random thought in your head would be shared with everyone

Everywhere you would walk, an image of Angelina Jolie would be behind you.

You'd have a friend named Tom creepily following you around giving you bad news constantly.

It wouldn't be odd to have Brad Pitt in your circle of friends.

Hello Kitty would be a real person.

Conversations would sound like this "How are you?" Sent. "Good, how are you?" Replied.

During a long conversation you'd have to say "Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: all right, well call me later."

When it was time for bed you would say you're "Undergoing Maintenance."

You would have to paint your walls using Thomas Myspace Editor codes in your apartment.

Stewie from Family Guy would be your best friend.

In your circle of friends you would hang out with Scottsdale bars and clothing lines.

When someone said something funny, you'd actually roll around on the floor and laugh your fucking ass off.

"Friend Whoring" is equal to STD's.

"Fuckin MySpace!" is the only universally known term in any language to show anger.

At nights when you are asleep you would get people running in your room that you don't know saying. "It's 4 a.m., I can't sleep, someone talk to me."

Bands go to your house and ask you to give them a listen because they see that you like a band they sound nothing like.

Anytime you walk into someones house they have the same video or song playing all the time, non-stop for three months straight.

Every couple of days you would threaten all your friends to take their information out of your cell phone and delete them, since they haven't called you in, like, four days.

People would run up to you, tell you a random message, and you'd have 17 minutes and 13 seconds to pass it along before a ghost came to your house and raped your dog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...