Hondo's Bar

Matrix Reloaded

I thought..force powers were because he was the anomaly (sp). You ask odd questions....you mentally plug into the matrix; dying mentally affects dying physically, the same sci-fi logic of Prof. X dying in the astral plane or in someone's mind and not coming back.

As for your body taking damage in the real world...youve studied cellular structure, havent you? Im not sure what was meant by that one.

Im tryin to think of the body double thing youre talking about...the finale, i thought that showed the traitor/villian guy who tried to kill him earler, was that supposed to be Keanu as well...? Anyway, my question was: why was Neo able to stop that sentry by himself in the real world, after the Nebachaunezzer (sp and a half) was taken down? Or, was that your "force" question?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, going brain dead results in your body dying too. And that guy wasn't a double, he was the guy Agent Smith took over. And as for

When it comes to doubles there are only four basic explanations: 1Clone, 2. Twin, 3. Future self, 4, Alternate Dimension/Timeline self.

How about 5. Magic (Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets with the polyjuice potion), 6. Robot double (Spy Kids's Spy Kids), 7. Shape shifter (X-men's Mystique), 8. Rubber Mask (Mission: Impossible or Scooby Doo), 9. Identical Cousins (The Patty Duke Show), 10. Coincidence (Dave).

There! Six additional explanations for doubles. :P

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

15. You're looking in a mirror, stupid!, 16. Mind control induced fantasy/dream world (Mad Hatter or Scarewcrow), 17. Obsessive wanna-beism (Rock Star), 18. Manneqiun that comes to life (The movie, Mannequin), 19. Edgar suit (Men In Black), 20. Astral Projection of self (Charmed). 21. Physical Manifestation of Evil Self (Superman 3 or Dragon Z). 22. Copy of one self within a computer program (The Matrix Reloaded). 23. Transportor accident (Star Trek Next Generation), 24. God-like recreation of reality (Q from Star Trek Next Generation).

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

• 7 years later...

AICN here, so...dont put too much stock in it just yet:

smithmore.gif

Hi guys,

Hope you're feeling better Harry, get well soon!

Long time reader, occasional news feeder. Writing from rainy old London, England. Surprised that no one has commented on this, lucky me I guess. Was lucky enough to attend a key note speech at the London school of performing Arts university and was honoured to be in the same room as Keanu Reeves who was the guest of honour. Keanu was here promoting his new movie Henry's Crime which is opening shortly.

keanu as always was his kind gentle self and spoke to the class for a good 45 mins about his big break in acting and his love for Shakespeare. the floor was then opened for Q&A and the following was note worthy;

- Says he's prepping a action movie around the world of the samurai and that it will be a hard "R" rated 3D action feast that will deliver some great martial art set pieces. he's into 2 months of a 6 month training programme.

- Spoke briefly about the possibility of Bill and Ted part 3 - ( Audience started laughing) but he assured us he's committed to the project.

this is where the fun begins. Some great info shared with us good people.....

- Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

- Keanu spoke about the need to encourage writers to continue to focus on working on new ideas and that a good script was worth its weight in gold. For example he said the Wachowski's had just sold the most expensive script in history to Warner Brothers. a modern futuristic take on the legend of "Robin Hood". Says he understands WB paid $5 million for the rights and that from what the wachowski's have told him, it will be an action movie that would have the same impact visually and technically that Terminator 2 had. Confirmed that Will Smith has agreed ti headline the picture.

that was pretty much it guys, have to give kudos to Mr Reeves. A true gentleman and an esquire.

can't wait for the above to come to fruition. If you use this please refer to me as "El-Nino".

Peace out gents.....

"El-Nino"

jf87it.jpg

After the epic fail of Speed Racer, I'm sure the Wachowskis are eager to regain the cred they got w/ the first Matrix and pretty much lost w/ Revolutions. I'm not gonna hate on this like Nick, but the world of The Matrix is definitely one still worth mining for good stories. Bringing in Big 3-Daddy Camron as consigliere for a 3D project is a step in the right direction.

Did Speed Racer flop? I fucking loved that movie but I guess it's well documented how far from the cultural pulse my finger is...

Still gotta watch Animatrix, but how many compelling stories do you think can be mined out of the mythos? Revolutions just kinda tied off the bloody stump in a shitty way that (imo) marred any future endeavours in Matrix Storytelling. On the matter of Reloaded- I liked it for the fight choreography and effects. I paid no attention to the story and... Motherfucker. Just realised that Christoph Waltz wasn't the Merovingian. Since Inglorious Basterds I've believed that he & Lambert Wilson were the same person(still confident this may be the case).

Did Speed Racer flop? I fucking loved that movie but I guess it's well documented how far from the cultural pulse my finger is...

Still gotta watch Animatrix, but how many compelling stories do you think can be mined out of the mythos? Revolutions just kinda tied off the bloody stump in a shitty way that (imo) marred any future endeavours in Matrix Storytelling. On the matter of Reloaded- I liked it for the fight choreography and effects. I paid no attention to the story and...

I'm w/ you on the Speed Racer love (I scooped it up quick when it hit the $2 DVD bin), but it was a total failure at the box office. I'm positive though if the same film was released today in Imax & digital 3D it would have at least broke even on it's alleged $120million budget.

And Animatrix is worth the watch in my opinion. I think the Wachowskis could still have some good stories left, especially if they do a prequel thing and delve into those "other iterations" of Neo that came before him.

After the epic fail of Speed Racer, I'm sure the Wachowskis are eager to regain the cred they got w/ the first Matrix and pretty much lost w/ Revolutions. I'm not gonna hate on this like Nick, but the world of The Matrix is definitely one still worth mining for good stories. Bringing in Big 3-Daddy Camron as consigliere for a 3D project is a step in the right direction.

They got alot of props for V for Vendetta too. And I, for one, LOVED Speed Racer.

well if jax liked it, it mustve been partly animated (for babies) or had baby spies or unfunny comedic moments or some shit. pass!

Hakus - yeah, animatrix (and the comics) definitely showed the world has more going for it, and i know i can be made to loo past Revolutions with a good enough follow-up/negation, just not sure if the bros have it in them. they took one of the most promising sci-fi franchises since star wars and managed to run it so far into the ground by the finale that its usually talked about as a fucking meme or something, that's the kinda feat lucas took decades to manage.

let it be known: original matrix > much of star wars (and all of LOTR) so much like the next fucking wolverine movie, im going to be compelled to go, no matter how it turns out.

It's a damn shame Speed Racer did so poorly. I loved that film. One of the few times I've gone to the movies alone, cause no one else wanted to see it. Saw it during the first week and sadly it was like a private screening.

Agree with Nick that Matrix 1.0 was this generations star wars. It created a universe and mythos that was so rich. Unfortunately the wachowskis pulled the plug with the very next movie (i don't believe that either reloaded or revolutions stands on its own as a film, it's why I hate the ill-concieved, first one did well so lets do two more back to back, 'trilogies' of today).

While I would love a return to grace for the franchise, I can't help but think that this is the wachowskis with thier tail between thier legs, rather than them having a genuine idea and drive to add more to the universe they created.

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Produced and wrote the screenplay.

Wrote it? They were tracers, man! Moore was the artist and they just traced inked that bitch. :2T:

Agree with Nick that Matrix 1.0 was this generations star wars. It created a universe and mythos that was so rich...

Universe rich and ripe for more storytelling? :headbang:

This generations Star Wars? :arty:

...oh, this should be good.

so what pray tell is this gen's star wars, sir? the prequels or LOTR? i would like to preemptively scoff at both these answers.

for real, if Matrix would've keep it going (lets say 2 was the weakest of the batch) idve called it a done deal. they blew their load and lucas'd it too soon, but the potential was totally there at the time.