Hondo's Bar

Avengers Dissasembled

The NZA

Wow, # 500 was crazy to the point of overkill: any of the many catastrophes in that issue could easily have been an issue to themselves.

But its still going on...

avengers501.jpg

AVENGERS #501

Written by Brian Michael Bendis

Pencils & Cover by David Finch

“Avengers Disassembled” Part 2 (of 4)

Guest-Starring Every Avenger...Ever!! The worst day in Avengers history continues, as the team tries to deal with the shocking tragedy around them. Who is behind this, and why? Will it tear the team apart? This is the comic event of the year — do not miss out!

The issue is due in stores on August 25th.

AVEN501010s400_t.jpg

AVEN501020_400_t.jpg

..and here's the background material shot if youre an Avenger fan...

AVEN501022s_400_t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a lot about this at Wizard World over the weekend. Saw a shot of what's supposed to become the "new avengers", as well. Cap, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Luke Cage, Spiderman, Wolverine...and some other guy I couldn't make out. :D Not who I woulda picked...

(Shrug) Does it really matter? Wolvy seems to be everywhere in the Marvel universe at once, these days...such a team player he is, too. Perfect for the Avengers. And Spiderman? Sure, he could join, it's not as if he has any pressing matters to attend to.

Hah, not when you get Bendis involved. He's writing Spidey, Luke Cage and Wolverine into the Avengers, while at the same time they're all in Secret War (with Cap, no less). Of course I guess one could argue that a lotta Secret War is set a year ago, coinciding, by the way, with the time Matt Murdock was supposed to be king of hells kitchen, so his involvement in the story is suspect as well.

Doesn't bother me much. I'm not a huge fan of continuity in comics universes. Eventually it just turns into the mid-nineties again, where if you wanna have any idea what people are talking about in one issue, you have to buy every other book the company makes.

• 2 months later...

Holy shit, they pulled out a lotta stops for this month's 504, and youll never guess who's behind it all till you read it....damn. So much shit happens so quick in these 4 issues.

Bendis swears he has a good way to have the loner Wolverine on both the X-Men and new Avengers, i look forward to seeing that. god knows he's there to piss off Cap, since there's not many left to do that now.

Ill post the death toll soon as the spoiler tags are up & runnin....

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, thats not Finch's finest moment....to answer Chief's question bout Wolvy's gay ears, that's Marvel insisting he wear that goddamn costume for covers again. You know, i was never fond of the yellow & blue one, and this is pretty much just that, slightly redone.

That silvery guy, however, is "The Sentry", originaly a Marvel spoof on Miracle Man from a few years back; he was hyped as Stan Lee's "forgotten charcter", and they did a great mini-series on him (think it was Jenkins & Jae Lee, as i recall). In the words of Bendis "he's powerful as superman, but he's afraid to leave his house"....i dont see Thor returning for a good few months, so i figure he's the powerhouse of this new team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived