Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Jukebox

The NZA

Listened to Talib Kweli, good stuff, it's layered, got some real momentum to it and it probably has a right on message if I could be bothered to listen to the lyrics.

Ok, here's my attempt to reinvigourate this thread, if Nick our trusty ranch hand could back me up I'm sure we can make this work.

Rule one, if you post, you have to post an Mp3, prefferably one on the great expansive interweb allready on artist's site, Mp3 blog or whatever. If you can post direct links that would be best

Rule two, if you want to participate, you have to listen to other peoples choices, this is to get us all on the same page and listening to things we wouldn't normally do.

For starters here's the Starvations Hide and Go Seek. A solid chunk of old Cowboys vs Indians with multiple instruments. If you download it tell me what you think of it. If you don't download it, tell me why you hate me so much.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You got a g-mail or other account that could take it as an upload? Lemme know, ill send it to you tonight. Good track, glad he made it a single.

ps - just found "The Corner" remix with Scarface & Mos Def.

• 4 weeks later...

jont's stuff is cool so far, I'm liking death from above a lot. And I've always thought le tigre is great, deceptacon is like their best song too, good pick MH. I think everyone should listen to some fricken guitar wolf, this great japanese hard rockabily-ish band. This isn't quite their best song but it's pretty indicative of what they soudn like, and it's what i could find a direct link to. They effin ROCK.

Guitar wolf - after school thunder

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know present company excluded, I reckon Tori Amos fans need a good slapping. I mean they came to see the woman, shut up and let her sing. The only thing worse was those oldies I saw at a Kris Kristoferson concert who wouldn't applaud for a song until they recognised which one it was. Bastards.

That aside good song.

Amos fans never used to be so retarded. When I saw her on her Strange Little Tour, it was soooo amazing. No one sang or yelled or said shit. I mean, some bands are meant for yelling and sing alongs and such, but Tori is most definately not. I feel that if there are chairs in the pit.... you shut the fuck up and enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a song I have been listening to for a while, Sandpaper Kisses by Martina Topley-Bird. Haven't heard that much of her other stuff but this song is just awesome, moody as hell which I like. Never been that great with genres but this is either Acid Jazz or Trip Hop, not sure which. Still give it a listen you won't regret it.

Sandpaper Kisses

Also just listened to What is this? Missarah, you friggen rock.

• 2 months later...

Damn, some action on the Mp3 thread and by the time I see it the links have expired.

bannerdans.jpg

I have met Dan Sartain, and patted him on his bladed back, and shook his hand by it's bony knuckles and I assure you, the man is a human plectrum.

http://69.73.171.50/~onelittl/artists/dans...in/dansmall.mov

Oh, once you've watched that, you MySpace whores should go add the Swami.315858074_l.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I happened on this song while looking for another artist's record on the same label.

http://www.skybucket.com/audio/brethren.mp3

I've listened to it at least a dozen times since yesterday, and god-damn it's catchy, even if it is a bit Easy Listening, to paraphrase Charlie Murphy, you know where you got that record, and it for damn sure wasn't the punk rock section.

Archived