Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Jukebox

The NZA

Had to swing by and upload the MP3 and video for you guys... Love this bit... Enjoy. :pimp:

sagatrollin6un.jpg

Rollin' Wit Saget Video

Rollin' Wit Saget Video 2

The MP3 uploaded has the Saget cellphone voice over, which makes the song even better, I think...

Rollin' With Saget MP3

I couldn't find the lyrics online, so I did the best I could. :2T:

Rollin' Wit Saget

You are now about to witness the strength of Bob Saget...

BOB SAGET What the Fuck man? Caller ID? You fuckin' bitch, were gonna go out to the Concord or something- other club- your call baby, Ill call ya or call me later…bye.

Have you ever had one of those nights that started off so damn good?

No fights, no fuss, it’s understood that when you go bar

MAAAN- we ain’t leavin’ till those girls in the car

Well this night started off just like that except - Jamie’s in the driver seat- Saget's in the back

We rollin’ on twenties ta the club- pull up front Saget’s in the backseat rollin’ a blunt

Valet’ opens up the door to park the car - the bouncer at the front don’t wanna let us in the bar-

Bob says Here, let me show him some affection

Then he walked up wound up- cold clocked- decked him-

Started screamin’ for that bitch to respect him next thing ya know were in the VIP section -

When a crew like this run deep you wanna brag, who you rollin' with Bitch?

I’m rollin’ wit Sag-et…

Who you rollin with? Bob, Bob Saget… un numero uno, nobody does it better

Who you rollin with? Bob, Bob Saget... - the illest mother fucker in a cardigan sweater ...

Now the night’s on simmer - everybody’s getting tipsy - Bob’s in a booth with a chick from Poughkeepsie

He’s ordering the Dom Perignon – just drinkin’ from the bottle-

Makin’ plans to leave the club with three models.

That’s when DMX and 50 cent walked in - Bob stood up and said,

Who are you again?

At first all they did was stand around and stare - till X pushed Bob and 50 hit him with a chair

He’s in a cardigan, khaki’s, shoes and no socks

You want hardcore motherfuckers? - pulled out a Glock –

I got a cock like a donkey hard as a rock and trigger finger itchier than chicken pox …

Everybody threw their hands in the air - Bob’s drunken wit a gun and he just don’t care –

We on the floor- he on the table now firing shots- Paris Hilton’s on her cell phone calling the cops –

He blew the smoke off the tip of his gun –

Bob Saget BITCH! you betta ax someone…

Who you rollin with? Bob, Bob Saget… numero uno, nobody does it better

Who you rollin with? Bob, Bob Saget... - the illest mother fucker in a cardigan sweater ...

Bob grabs us and the girls and we run out the back door - says he’s still feelin funny and he’s hungry for more He’s in the back seat getting busy again askin the girls if there lesbians… Are you?

The girls start kissin now my dicks gettin hard.

Let’s go to my place the hot tub’s in the backyard I got beer and hey maybe an ounce of Kush. Yo, J pull over I gotta pee in a bush…

When you rollin wit Saget there’s no time for rest. This motherfucker’s flippin bottle caps off of her chest

Shouting I’m Bob Saget- this is what I do

my house, my car, this is my crew- AAAAAAAAAHHHH !

I only hang wit Jaimie and Stu - patrol the mean streets of Malibu...

GOOD night boys

Tomorrow night we gonna do it again

Bob Saget, My best friend…

Who you rollin with? Bob, Bob Saget… numero uno, nobody does it better

Bob, Bob Saget… numero uno, nobody does it better

Yeah it’s Saget, how ya doing man , oh you can’t answer me? Pick up the Fuckin’ Phone! what the fuck is this caller id bitch? Come on… anyway we are going out man, if ya wanna it’ll be fun… we are going out and pick up Lindsay Lohanwannabees… if ya want we go out and look at people’s daughter’s and then go home and wonder what the fuck we are doing man… alright… later.

Goodnight Michelle.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I happened on this song while looking for another artist's record on the same label.

http://www.skybucket.com/audio/brethren.mp3

I've listened to it at least a dozen times since yesterday, and god-damn it's catchy, even if it is a bit Easy Listening, to paraphrase Charlie Murphy, you know where you got that record, and it for damn sure wasn't the punk rock section.

If anyone was wondering that song is called Brethren by Wes McDonald, I got that album in the mail a couple of days ago, it's decent but I've listened to that one song more times than the rest of the album put together.

• 2 weeks later...

TWS and Lapdog are on tour this summer. One of the best live bands to headline outta this part of the country IMO.

www.TOADTHEWETSPROCKET.com

www.LAPDOG.com

Glen Philips -Toad's frontman solo

http://www.glenphillips.com/media/index.html

--------> There's some great free downloads to their music and media.

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new music, from a new contemporary folk like rock band. I've uploaded the song Return of the Native from their album Offshore, for anyone who wants to try them out. I'm not sure, but I think MH maybe Nanno as well might like this type of music.

RETURN OF THE NATIVE MP3

Early Day Miners, "Offshore"

Written by Matthew Amundsen

Wednesday, 05 July 2006

Daniel Burton recruits a talented cast, including members of Black Mountain and Windsor for the Derby, to expand a track from 2002’s Let Us Garlands Bring into a touching suite of songs surrounded by emotionally charged instrumentals.

Secretly Canadian

The music itself is lush with reverb as several layers of guitars swim together rather than fight for dominance. Like comets or other celestial bodies, gentle feedback lends qualities of longing and melancholy that complement the other instruments and the vocals without stealing attention.

Beginning with “Deserter,” the core features three songs with lyrics lamenting narcissism, apathy, and the dissolution of responsibility. Generous cross-fading links them as much as the subtle melodic shifts that transform into new songs, weaving them together so tightly that each one would lose something were it to be separated from the others. The voices of Burton himself, Kate Long, and Amber Webber are all able to handle the weight of the music and maintain the same level of levity. Webber’s “Return of the Native” is especially frail, with a tender vulnerability that underscores lyrics such as, “Losing you to your desire/In rooms with ocean views.” The instrumentals are propulsive, wrapping the suite in an urgency and importance that give weight to the revelations within.

In its evocation of yearning landscapes and spiritual exhaustion, Offshore is the perfect complement to summer nights.

Article Footnote Link

• 2 weeks later...

orff.jpg

Carmina Burana (O Fortuna Stanza) was not written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. In fact it was written by a brilliant "modern" century muscian and composer from Germany, named Carl Orff.

Who wrote the music?

Carl Orff was born in Munich on the 10th July, 1895 (and died on March 29, 1982 at the age of 87) and was an educationalist as well as a composer.

1995 is the centenary of Orff's birth, and there were many performances of Carmina Burana staged around the world. Sydney had a performance at the Opera House in late January, conducted by Sir Charles Mackerras and in Canberra (Australia's capital) celebrated with an open air performance March.

Details from Bill Alford who attended the concert in Canberra:

"The Canberra performance may even rival the original performance because it won't have the confines of a theatre but acoustics may be a problem. I believe that the final scene is going to be quite some conflagration. There is going to be something like 500 performers. The blurb for this shows a scene similar to the original performance going up in fire."

Orff wrote a secular cantata, titled "Carmina Burana" based on the poems from the manuscript, but did not use any of the original melodies. The poems comprise religious, political, moral, erotic, Bacchic and Satirical verses. When Orff discovered the Carmina Burana for himself, the poems changed his entire career. He was past forty years old and more prominent in his native Munich as a music educator than a composer. In writing Carmina Burana, he found his own, unmistakable style.

338338.jpg

His work contains driving rhythms and exultant hedonism, and brought him to wide attention in the musical world.

Orff was a devout active Roman Catholic and included bells in "Ave formosissima" (Song 24). One wonders if the Roman Catholic Church would have officially endorsed Carl Orff's works, particularly Carmina Burana.

Who wrote the music to Carmina Burana/ O Fortuna?

Um......

no it isn't...

I think Silent Bob touched on this subject in a different light but in essence the artistry/artist contrast varied.

It is very important. In fact, Orff and Mozart are 2 totally different composers from different times.

So.. althought the brilliant piece of music that Orff conducted was mislabled, I would say that itis important and if you studied Classical music or any music at all, as I did at Berklee, you would indeed know that.

Just my opinion of course.

441058555_l.jpg The Slits

Every song on this fan made MySpace page can and should be downloaded. But I wan't to first draw your attention to their cover of Heard it on the Grapevine which is in the same leauge if not better as the original.

I'm not going to say there's no women in music today making music of this calibre, but there's certainly not enough of them.

• 3 weeks later...

DJ_Koopa.gif

back to the original point of this thread....

I'm pleased to announce, after years of *missarah* and athena quietly dominating the section:

Hondo's Jukebox has a massive update - now featuring 100% more Rachelland, La Lindsays and Joy Divisions.

Show your love! its all hosted here for as long as we gots room. Im hoping said artists dont mind; if they do, or want any specific revisions, lemme know here.

aawh I don't mind at all! I'm sorry I didn't link any MP3s for you... but they are downloadable on my MusicSpace, and I'm guessing that's where you got it

I'm working on a new song right now, and when I'm done I'll turn it over to you for a HONDO'S BAR EXCLUSIVE WOAH. If that tickles your fancy. If not then um. yeah!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived