Hondo's Bar

Freddy vs. Jason

Yeah, this whole arguement is dumb, how interesting a character is is not determined by how powerful they are. Batman and Superman have fought before, it's been done really well, and Batman usually wins. Why? Because batman is the more well written and well developed character, and nobody wants to see him lose. This isn't like Iron man where he just puts a suit on and he's all super (a common criticism of Iron man is that anyone could be him if they had the suit), but Batman is as strong as he is because of a life of obsessive training. Hell, lets forget about the fact that he uses his smarts and detective skills to catch his enemies most of the time. "Ok, so take away his money, his years of discipline and training, and his intelligence... what have you got?..... nothing!"

Vulnerability isn't everything. After all, no one would read a book about a quadreplegic (non-mutant) human.

For the sake of character, there needs to be some prowess or skill or power involved

For the sake of conflict, there needs to be an enemy worth fighting.

Look at batman and superman. If you put Supes up against Joker (Without the lame gimmicks they often use to 'even' the contest) it's boring.

If you put Supes up against Doomsday or Braniac, it's an involving fight.

If you put Batman up against Darkseid, then it can get interesting but it'll also get unbelievable if he wins. So lack of power can hurt the story. It was great to see wolverine take on Galactus that one time and totally get his ass kicked. It took a lot of skill to make a story like that interesting.

... all of a sudden Freddy and Jason come outta no where and slaughter Superman and Batman 'cause they were tryin to take over the thread about them... (After dying and coming back a few times of course...)

Obviously already taken off the topic, I'd have to agree that batman is little bit smarter than your average karate kid. I may not know much about the comics, but I have read some of the really good ones and have seen almost every toned down kind of cartoon on the wb. I know you probably think batman ain't cool in the comics because you said something about how he ALWAYS wins in every fight. But I don't think that's true, I think he still get's his ass kicked quite a few times. Batman's definitely smarter, stronger, and ten times better trained than karate kid. But most of the time it's his own skill and ingenuity that makes him rich and powerful. As one of his (Al Ghul-i thinkthat's how it's spelled)enemies called him a smart detective.

I think this "Unidetified Source" is just pulling everyone's chain and trying to annoy a lot people. If not than he's not being very logical in his reasoning. Much like the idea of "down with Russia for having to die so much in WWII."what losers. But that doesn't make much sense huh? That's pretty much what this Unidetified Source is doing, not making much sense.

I think Freddy would only be restrictes to dreams. Unless they change something, Freddy isn't really much of a challenge in the real world. I don't know much about Jason, but I heard his last movie in space was really hilarious.

Sephiroth don't make stupid accusations about me if you don't know wtf youre talking about, after all, you only watch the cartoon. You don't really know what youre talking about. I am making sense, and I don't care how many people are all over Batman, he learns everything from the computer and looks for clues to analyze on his computer. HE has his super car and super belt, and equipment. Take all that away, and he's a karate expert who would've been killed a long ass time ago.