Hondo's Bar

Best Batman?

Updated w/ options 5 & 6 on 10-23-11  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I seriously don't understand the hate for Bale's Batman voice. He's the only actor to clearly disguise his Bruce Wayne voice while in the suit.

Because it sounds fucking ridiculous, especially when he has to say long complicated sentences. I mean "SWEAR TO ME!!!!" was funny enough on its own. But that entire speech he gives at the end of The Dark Knight where he sounds like he's about to sneeze the whole time had me giggling in the theater and that's supposed to be an important and pivotal speech.

There's also the Joker interrogation scene where I think he's saying "WHERE IS HE!!!" but it devolves each time he says it until he's just yelling guttural noises at the top of his lungs like a wrestler circa 1992. Then the infamous "What's the difference between you and me" "UM NOB WARRING HOGGY PAGS!"

Because Christian Bale is an actor and should be able to do better than sound like a teenager imitating the lead singer of Cannibal Corpse for a Batman voice. That's why.

Also it doesn't help that they digitally enhance it to make it sound ever more growly. I'm sure he thinks it sounds like some sort of demonic snarl but it really just sounds like he stayed up partying all night.

Edited by Iambaytor

Look, I get that a lotta you nerds are spoiled by growing up with TAS and si have a better yardstick for this shit, but they did their best applying a realworld approach. Next we'll hear how Bale wasn't barrel-chested enough. :2T:

What Logans pitched is what I thought they'd actually done, with the modifier.

aw man, that's even worse - you're saying you thought that was someone else choking on grape nuts and talking instead of Bale? if i found that out, i'd be pissed. baytor's right, it really held back his performance when playing off Ledger. i was willing to forgive it in Begins as some year one shit, but it stood out like a sore thumb in 2.

aw man, that's even worse - you're saying you thought that was someone else choking on grape nuts and talking instead of Bale? if i found that out, i'd be pissed. baytor's right, it really held back his performance when playing off Ledger. i was willing to forgive it in Begins as some year one shit, but it stood out like a sore thumb in 2.

1780549-shakehead.gif

What?! No, I meant the cheap voicebox modifier to mask his voice.