Hondo's Bar

Video game music

The NZA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NES TMNT either needs a 'remaster' or a full-on remake. Overworld and underworld - popping in and outta manholes...underwater sequence...drive the Party Wagon. FUN! Great idea! Sucks they never went there again.

Turtles in Time and the original Arcade game being the best TMNT games - is a damn, crying shame. The first NES TMNT has a great formula that should have been expanded on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^both of those are awesome

so i got this SNES everdrive (SD2SNES) that lets you do things like put CD quality music in game if you know what you're doing (i don't, but i know where to look!) and it's been a blast messing with a few games, here's what they sound like

LOL - ah dunno...it's freakin' weird!

You lose something w/ the loss of the classic...soundtrack.  It's totally more dynamic / cinematic, but I felt the loss of fuzzies - replaced by an artist's personal artistic take / pseudo-interpretation.  (LTTP is a good example)

BUT the more I listened n' watched - I could honestly really see myself replaying all these games w/ that cinematic-ness.  That awesome.  Totally jelly you're managing to get the music in there!  LOL

A Super Metroid playthrough must be awesome w/ that cinematic flair...DKC sounded kick-ass, too - 

Sorry if this has already been posted, but CJ played a game called Oxenfree about a year ago, and while I didn't watch much of the gameplay, the music (by scntfc) was/is fantastic! The game itself seems fun, and I'll have to try my hand at it sometime, but the music really did it for me. I haven't heard anything else by scntfc, but I love this soundtrack. Has a kind of Boards of Canada feel to it. Anyways, check check check it out!

The entire OST:

I tried to pick out one or two of my favorites, but it's hard, so enjoy the full OST!

• 2 weeks later...