Hondo's Bar

Name Game

Da Cap'n

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Matthew Wright

nothing special to report... except that I am a better version of a BMW ..everyone rides a BMW...takes a special gal to ride a JMW!

and its honoring that my best friend DJ was partially named after me...jason!...well I am older...so he was named after me!

For a while I wanted to legaly change my name to Nana because so many people knew me by that name, but my mother flipped out on me when i suggested it.

My confirmation name is Cecilia...I chose that one.

My parents didn't give me a middle name so that when I married, I could have my last name as my middle...

Dyana Nieto - __________ (Caldera, maybe???)

For the record, you don't have to go through any legal processes to change your name - you just say you're changing it. If I wanted to suddenly be called Bob I could just say "ok, my name is now Bob" and I can introduce myself that way, sign my checks that way, whatever I want. As long as your intention is not to deceive anyone, you can just change it. If you're determined to go all out and get all your legal documents changed and completely erase any evidence of your former name, then you need to go through the courts. (the things they teach me in art school)

Jason Matthew Wright

nothing special to report... except that I am a better version of a BMW ..everyone rides a BMW...takes a special gal to ride a JMW!

Interesting...:D

:D Well, my name is... Isabel... but in english. :fuming:

If you caught SuperE's earlier post then you'd understand.

J/k

I'm Elizabeth; It's so common that everywhere I go I need to not only give my last name (which is common also) but my birthday as well.... and careful that there ain't some other biter with my D.O.B. :fuming:

Back to the english, spanish translation. My mother is named Isabel as well... so go fig why she named me what she did; and I wasn't blessed with a middle name even though my older sister was....oh well...

For the record, you don't have to go through any legal processes to change your name - you just say you're changing it. If I wanted to suddenly be called Bob I could just say "ok, my name is now Bob" and I can introduce myself that way, sign my checks that way, whatever I want. As long as your intention is not to deceive anyone, you can just change it. If you're determined to go all out and get all your legal documents changed and completely erase any evidence of your former name, then you need to go through the courts. (the things they teach me in art school)

Yeah, for informal things, that flies; obviously, if you want your name to officially be something, as in appear on your license & records that way, its a few hundred bucks for a layer (or look up the paperwork for your state online, like i did), then a hundred something for court fees, and you gotta tell a judge what youre doin.

The whole process takes like five minutes, for what its worth.

• 2 years later...

First name:

Kerstin (No it's not Kertins

Middle name:

Berenice (english equivalent - Bernice)

I like my name. I think it's weird (which fits my character) and very unique in spelling - i thought it was Russian, turns out it's actually German. No wonder no one can ever pronounce my name.

Archived