Hondo's Bar

Ask Gypsy.

Dirty Gypsy

Wow... I think that byline is about the wrongest damn thing I've ever said. :D

So, live to you from Chicago, the Windy City, the City of Big Shoulders, and now the City of Great Advice... GYPSY!

Life, love, family, money... nothing is out of bounds. If you're lucky and a little superstitious, I might even do a card reading for you.

Don't be the last one on your block with a question!

-DG

If you do, then I've been cheated by everyone who claimed to show me a sausage before... wait. That didn't come out right, did it? :D

Seriously, hon, you look hot. That's a cute top, too.

They put you up on a website, looks like, so you KNOW that's gotta mean something.

-DG

ok, so i applied to starbucks today so that i will hopefully have a job while i'm waiting to hear from another job. but this time i just wrote whatever i felt like writing on the application...being myself rather than being professional or socially acceptable. i figure i'd rather be myself on the application...plus it should be more interesting for them to read. however, i don't know if they'll take me seriously. hopefully they'll have a sense of humor about it. if you were an employer, what would you think about someone if they wrote stuff that you really wouldn't expect on a job application?

ok, so i applied to starbucks today so that i will hopefully have a job while i'm waiting to hear from another job. but this time i just wrote whatever i felt like writing on the application...being myself rather than being professional or socially acceptable. i figure i'd rather be myself on the application...plus it should be more interesting for them to read. however, i don't know if they'll take me seriously. hopefully they'll have a sense of humor about it. if you were an employer, what would you think about someone if they wrote stuff that you really wouldn't expect on a job application?

That really depends on what it is you wrote. However, if your posts are anything to judge by, I think I'd hire you. Like I said before... you give the impression of "good people."

:D

-DG

yeah, it sounds a lot like what i write in posts. especially stuff like my recent supersoaker advice in nicks "answers to your questions" thread. except i didn't write about supersoakers in the application. i don't think starbucks cares about supersoakers. but if they hire me and there are "chickenheads" working there...i will bring one in and take some bitches out. i'm glad you think i'm good people and hopefully you'll still think so even after that last sentence.

so anyway, if this hurricane hits florida, what do you think the floridian hondonians should do during labor day weekend?

Whats the best remedy for a cold?

Depends on the cold. Keeping your mood up, not focusing on the illness and maintaining a positive mindset, and a healthy diet and regular exercise work for me. I haven't had a serious cold in two years.

If you're trying to get rid of one? Lots of fluids are important, especially if you've got a fever. If you can't keep anything down, keep trying anyway with lukewarm water. (Cold water can be a serious shock to the system. And when I had food poisoning, I could only hold down Gatorade.) If you're sniffly, try eating something with peppermint in it.

-DG

Why are chicks their own worst enemies?  Chicks just love to hate eachother.

We live in a society that values men on their accomplishments, abilities, appearance, intelligence, personality, and education; it values women on their appearance. (Look at Hollywood. Look at pop music. Look at reality TV... it's a scary thing, but representative of our time.)

Appearance is something we have only limited control over, and it can be frustrating to be so heavily judged on something so far out of our control. It's natural, when frustrated without an outlet, to project that frustration on others that have what you desire.

Moral of the story? Treat every woman you meet like a queen, unless she gives you good reason not to. Then, treat her the same as you would anyone else who treated you that way (short of a guy that you'd punch in a bar, because that's still wrong.) If guys would see women as people, instead of "chicks" that are hot or ugly, there would be less reason for competition and petty jealously.

On the other hand, I could be wrong. :D Besides... don't you see them when they're dead anyway?

-DG

Depends on the cold.  Keeping your mood up, not focusing on the illness and maintaining a positive mindset, and a healthy diet and regular exercise work for me.  I haven't had a serious cold in two years.

If you're trying to get rid of one?  Lots of fluids are important, especially if you've got a fever.  If you can't keep anything down, keep trying anyway with lukewarm water.  (Cold water can be a serious shock to the system.  And when I had food poisoning, I could only hold down Gatorade.)  If you're sniffly, try eating something with peppermint in it.

-DG

I know this is DG's corner of the universe but I thought I'd try to add some info to what he's saying. Fluids are important, just as DG said. As far as oral cold suppressants, I try to stay away from over-the-counter stuff whenever I can and so what I'm left with is taken from the holistic side. Take lots of echinacea as an immune booster, along with (And as cliche as it sounds) a home made pot of chicken soup - With honey and lemon and fresh pepper mixed into the broth, lots of carrots and celery and onions. Also try to take crab apple extract as a detoxifier, and gentian as an appetite stimulant, also try white chestnut to help you rest. they are usually taken 2-3 drops orally mixed in a glass of water (Aha! Fluids!) and take about 20-30 minutes to take effect. The majority of these can be found at just about any health food store or organic market, or can be ordered online from Bach Flower Laboratories. http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm

I know this is DG's corner of the universe but I thought I'd try to add some info to what he's saying.  Fluids are important, just as DG said.  As far as oral cold suppressants, I try to stay away from over-the-counter stuff whenever I can and so what I'm left with is taken from the holistic side.  Take lots of echinacea as an immune booster, along with (And as cliche as it sounds) a home made pot of chicken soup - With honey and lemon and fresh pepper mixed into the broth, lots of carrots and celery and onions.  Also try to take crab apple extract as a detoxifier, and gentian as an appetite stimulant, also try white chestnut to help you rest. they are usually taken 2-3 drops orally mixed in a glass of water (Aha! Fluids!) and take about 20-30 minutes to take effect.  The majority of these can be found at just about any health food store or organic market, or can be ordered online from Bach Flower Laboratories.  http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm

Is that Paul Pope in your avatar?

-DG

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me...or are Ill. drivers crazy behind the wheel? I have dubbed them FID's

fucking illinios drivers...

I go to Aurora once or twice a year (dad lives there). My uincle has a yatch at the base of soldier field, big honkin' 3 story 60 something footer (used to belong to roger penske) so when I am up next time I will let ya know and we can go out on lake mich and toot the fog horn at topless lady boaters! (and there seems to be a ton of them)

• 5 years later...

Archived