Hondo's Bar

Sin City

deacon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so I wanna get a Miami local Sin City meet-up. What's that you say? It's over a month away? Yeah, I know, btu thsi group isn't the easiest to get to come together for a outing, and I wanna give a big ole heads up way in advance.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a advance screening/sneak preview, adn if I find one, I will buy as many ticket as I can buy. As for a midnight screening, theaters have been running fewer and fewer of those recently, but I'm hoping they will for this. I'd be will to drive out to the Beach or Aventura to see this at midnight.

If I snatch up some tickets, who'd be willing to come along (this means tryign to get off work if you are scheduled).

Anyway, this is probably a vain effort, but I'd really like to have this be a cool group thing, so I wanted to throw it out there as early as possible, so no one could claim I sprung it on them last minute.

You know, it's not like you're in Jolly Ole England or anything. You're in Central Florida. This could be the excuse you and RA need to come on down to hang with the Miami crowd. God knows you one of the most universially liked Hondonians. For example, though they won't tell him to his face, most people that know him think Nick is a cock gobbler. And me? Fuck, I'm all out hated.

You know, MegaCon aside...you and RA arent that far, we gotta meet up sometime, SB. 

Whats it gonna take? Episode 3?

You know, it's not like you're in Jolly Ole England or anything. You're in Central Florida. This could be the excuse you and RA need to come on down to hang with the Miami crowd. God knows you one of the most universially liked Hondonians. For example, though they won't tell him to his face, most people that know him think Nick is a cock gobbler. And me? Fuck, I'm all out hated.

Fucking A! Great minds think alike!

Someone's a bit schiz.

So read that the film will be a "translation" rather than an "adaption" as most the other comics-to-film have been. SO bearing this in mind, what scene from the comics are most people looking forward to seeing on the silver screen?

**Slight spoiler warning for those not read the comics. beware!!**

Picking a scene from each story, mine have to be the balls-ripping ("I took his weapons, both of them"), Kevin & Marv's fight scene and the dialogue scene in the car on the way to the tar-pits with Dwight and the cop.

Also, any scene with Nancy or Gail.

Well, I recently read in EW that it's not going to be so fateful that they are going to leave in all the nudity. Frank Miller said he thoguh seeing the Yellow Bastard tiny yellow dong on the page worked, but on screen it would be distracting. I was implied that the same is going for Hartigan and Dwight's dongs. However, it was left rather ambigious as to whether Nancy's breast would be exposed. We have seen from the comiccon footage however that Lucille breast are exposed in a shadowy scene.

Spoiler alert

Anyway, the scene where Dwight is driving the bodies to the Tar Pit and Dwight starts hearing Jackie Boy talking to him.

End Spolier

The reason I'm psyched about this scene is because it is "guest directed" by Quentin Tarentino. If curious to see if the tone of that scene will be diffeent from the rest.

Archived