Hondo's Bar

Napoleon Dynamite

Saw this film yesterday and I really can't stop laughing.

Set in mid-80's small-town Idaho, it follows our geek anti-hero Napoleon as he struggles along life's harsh road. Don't want to say much more except, miss it at your peril.

It's the funniest film I've seen in donkey's years and is another film you will quote until the end of time. It also has a dance scene that when I buy this on DVD I'm gonna spend hours upon hours trying to perfect the moves. Soooo good I want to cry.

Anyway, anyone else catch this??

• 4 weeks later...

You didn´t see the wedding scene. Man you missed out. It was indeed Kip and La Fawnda. Kip sang a song using a crap Casio keyboard it was hilarious. Had lines like "We met on the internet. I love you more than technology. But I still love technology."

Can´t wait for this to come out on DVD, one of those films I will watch sooo many times until I´ve ingested every detail.

Thats a bit sneaky. Certianly hope it does stand up well to a second viewing.

Is that you in that t-shirt 2T? If it is I'm insanely jealous. Just looked on ebay and you can pick up a 'Vote for Pedro' shirt for about $10. Not too shabby.

Haha, they are selling 'Liger' t-shirts as well. Sweeeeet!

• 1 month later...

I just finished it last night. I fucking loved the last scene before the credits of him just smacking the tether ball over Debbie. heh. And yeah, the dancing was great. I showed two of my friends and now they want to see the rest of it. :D

For some reason, seeing him in the suit for prom reminded me of Beck... :D

Yeah found that out later and I couldn't stop laughing. My advice: don't mix Napoleon Dynamite-related stuff and drink milk at the same time. Hehe, Idaho. :D

Unfortunately I only saw this once so only remember a few quotes from it. Doesn't stop me from killing whatever lines I do remember though.

You've got a sweet bike

Haha, I love it when he goes to pick up his date for the prom and they're playing with the suspension in the background.

I love the Pinata bit and the look on poor Pedro's face when he gets hauled up in the Principal's office for it.

And also the bit where Napoleon grabs the button and chucks it down the hallway before legging it.

Just too good. :D

Archived