Hondo's Bar

What are you listening to right now?

The NZA

i adore Johnny Cash shit, really dig old stuff like Marty Robbins too - i don't know if this is considered honky tonk or cowboy shit or what, but i know nashville wants it all burned in a fire.

i think dixie chicks was the last pop-ish country i dug though, haven't heard much since moving back from the midwest.

...nah, i can't see it. what i mostly heard was stuff i really couldn't get into - Toby Keith, newer shit from Alan Jackson and George Strait and these guys who were either on about americana ad naseum (okay, mostly toby) or just stuff that wasn't even as interesting for me as say prior shit from Kris Krisofferson. even shit i thought i'd dig like Hank Williams Jr had really embarrassing shit like "if the south would've won (wed've had it made)".

i mean, feel free to post stuff, i haven't exactly kept up - but a lotta the rest sounded like just pop with a southern twang. by all means though, share your favorite stuff!

Same reason why I can't stand Eminem. Always talking about beating on women, women are below him, yadda yadda yadda. I don't care if ppl think he is one of the greatest lyricists. To me, he's a prick. I boycott Eminem.

yeah, i think this is a pretty valid stance. hip-hop tends to lean towards misogyny, and Em's all over that - i dont think i'd be able to just vibe out as much if it was about my respective gender. i can totally see this.

didn't mean to poo-poo on your country though, bad enough that you gotta be starved for that here in miami, haha. for real though, i recall enjoying some stuff when i heard it more out west, so don't let my words stop you from posting any of it.