Hondo's Bar

What are you listening to right now?

The NZA

Cloud nothings has really killed it with their last couple of albums. Super catchy stuff that does just enough with the pop punk/indie rock formula to keep my attention. Their 22 minute release with Wavves is a good summer listen.

Edited by JunkerSeed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

aoQf1In.gif

im not always the biggest PJ fan, but i love that track & adore Mcfarlane's work on the video!

i'm basically alternating between 2pac (worked out a lot this extended weekend) and Gin Blossoms, saw them for free saturday with Donatella! hell of a show too, nearly 2 hours.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this:

Y46WQlG.jpg

Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Hey Nemo!

AAAcqDD.gif

• 1 month later...