Hondo's Bar

What are you listening to right now?

The NZA

This week I went back and listened to that first Audioslave album. Fuck. I forgot how many great songs were on that. I'm still not in the ASC camp of Audioslave>RATM, but that Audioslave debut album is fire.

More strange awesome. Some of my favorites I've found. Too bad there are no AMVs for them.

[Awesome blue grass covers by Iron Horse]

+1 for Iron Horse love. I was way into their covers a while back. I may have even posted some vids in the Mash-up/Covers thread before. I remember particularly liking their Green Day covers. However, I don't think I've ever heard those Metallica covers, "Rocketman" was definitely new to me. Great stuff.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Teen Titans Go just had an 80s-tastic 5 part miniseries. While the show is enthralling to my little boy I find it barely entertaining, but these episodes caught my attention. I was having childhood flashbacks. They apparently found a real but generally obscure and catchy song that they felt encompassed the 80s, called 'The Night Begins to Shine,' a few seasons ago for some Cyborg-centric plot and it caught on like a wildfire. They hunted the old band down to put a special together and also got Ceelo Green, Fallout Boy, and Puffy AmiYumi to cover the first song, and got a couple more of this band's songs for the mini series, I found this one to be my favorite.

Edited by Stillbored
Fixed video

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBP1Xyd3C0&feature=share

The warrior poet Paul Kelly to keep me from just fucking losing it after a super-shit class. I roll with a really supportive crew but being the only white belt last night rattled me mentally before they were kind enough to rattle me like a British nanny.

Edited by Jables