Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

The NZA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shit, youre doin better than i am....MH, which torrent you use? I got like 3 going from isohunt & mininova, theyre all crawling...

Torrent Spy. We had to download the subtitles to go with it, but damn. went pretty fast..

AND WE JUST GOT DONE WATCHING IT! AAAAAAAAH.

We all creamed our pants. Fucking tops. Worth the wait.

...I can die now.

Yeah, mine's done downloading too, got the subs as well....hollla if you need torrent links.

ps bishop - for what its worth, ill prolly by a copy, too. Especially if they realease the ultimate edition, got this anime prequel, "FF: Last Order" - Cap'n, you know bout that? Just got it myself...

Heey, sorry I don't post that much anymore, but I wondered if any of you other guys noticed this...

Does anyone know which character in the movie was Mr. Coates? And WHY, on imdb.com, it shows that Eminem played his voice??

Hahaha, trying to figure this out, coming out at a loss. I don't really have to ask what everyone thought, do i? Ummm...yes. Badass to the extreme!!

Maaya Sakamoto totally played the voice of Aeris, and I tootally saw her in concert last weekend!! If only I knew then...I am teh lame.

Cheers :fuming:

...damn.

That shit was awesome! The game was like, wha, 7-8 years ago? I sure didnt see this coming back then. My (largely spoiler-free) thoughts:

-It was enough plot to make it feel like a story itself, rather than just milking the franchise, as id feared. I was really happy with that.

-However, as much fun as i had with this visual masterpiece, people who havnet played hte game...theyre gonna love the badass visuals, but not really care about seeing the charcters show up. I suppose that cant be helped.

-Cant wait for the OST.

-Cruzbishop: pirating it didnt hurt me at all, im definitely gonna buy it.

-I have no idea who Mr Coates was...? didnt see him....

-Tifa is my current standard of a badass/ultimate woman, again.

Just a great piece made for the fans, anyone who (sadly) bitched/didnt enjoy Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within will definitley go for this. I dont recall how much it cost, but Square once again took the form to a whole new level.

Now, to watch the anime prequel, "Last Order"...be back in half an hour.

"Last Order" (@ 20 minute anime, packaged with the ultimate edition DVD in Japan) is a good prequel, some back story/details on the Nibelheim incident with Zack, Tifa, Cloud & Sephiorth's first encounter.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This was a cool pack-in with an awesome movie. I enjoyed this more than Star Wars.

Well, got it from Cowboy, will pick it up when the DVD hits here, but not so much for the story, which was I dunno, fairly nonsensical. Still a very damn fine bit of CG work, and Uematsu rocked on the soundtrack, I'll have to pick that up too.

Few spoilery notes.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

So in the end, it was a great watch, and it was what it was, a 100% pure FFVII fanwank, a really good fanwank, but a fanwank nontheless. It had holes in the plot that you could drive a mack truck through, but if you are an FFVII fan, ya probably won't care as well, it's those characters you love again. But, man that cell phone tie in was tacky as hell.

Saw Last Order also, pretty damn cool, but I have to ask, what the hell happened to all the turks, it looked like there were like 10 or more at the end of that, and by the time of FFVII there are like 5. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good news and bad news. First the bad news. The movie has been delayed yet once more till next year. I have the movie just like the rest of you, but I want the fucking movie with all the extra stuff damn it. Now the good news. the reason it was pushed back till next year is cause prospects for a limited American theatrical release. All I have to say about that is HELL YEAH

• 2 weeks later...

Archived