Hondo's Bar

new logo maybe???

The NZA

Holy shit, you found that font with the quickness...again, tight work man!

Ok, i gotta admit: def uses words that make me frequent dictionary.com, and this is what i found for "parley":

1) A discussion or conference, especially one between enemies over terms of truce or other matters.

2) To have a discussion, especially with an enemy.

so...do you mean the politics forum? :D

I guess "parley" sounds more pub-ish than dialogue? I would really love it if "discussion" could fit, but dante, would it look retarded? Like, a d-i-s-c, big U inna middle, then s-s-i-o-n or somethin similar? Heh, id say drop one S just to drive def nuts...

Hey, let's play the synonym game:

conversation

debate

discourse

exchange

"debate" or "discourse" would keep the D thing going, for fans of that-english-term-for-when-you-use-two-consenents-like-that,-like-in-Peter-Parker-etc.

I just want to somehow maintain it as a pub sign, not a soliloquy.

sorry to be so picky, im just mad excited that dante's got skills like this :D

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, I didnt find the exact font, but one similar just skinnier. I juiced it up a little. but yeah, now that I know the technique for shaping the letters like that, I can do it however you like. Although DISSCUSSION might be a bit long, I'll try it and show you guys the results. Keep thinking about it just in case you want to use something else.

..you guys really like "parley"? not bad, but i am curios to see how "discussion" looks, or some of those synonyms. The fact i had to look the word up midly discourages me, also in regards to the $ i put into my education.

dante, if you got other results, post em when ya can man! Seriously, your work so far is badass. :D

...and you won smartest hondonian, eh...

what about discourse? sort of like discussion but... shorter? i'm just thinking of the aesthetics...

(hmm sorta like my tech class... "oh it better be only one page... but it has to be 500 words... more or less" "ok hmm 500 doesn't fit, i'll do 475" "EHN! 10% OFF YOUR GRADE..." idiot no i am not bitter at all)

either way it still looks good!!

...and you won smartest hondonian, eh...

...typical of the plebians to think a wanky vocab equates wisdom. :D I gots dictionary.com!

I dunno, im just tryin to avoid words that imply we serve wine & cheese. Discourse aint bad, what other synonyms we got? You know, i shoulda put "wenches" back inna day, that wouldve flown.

So...should we do a poll? Cause between "disourse""conversation", "debate", "exchange", i cant really tell...actually, id prolly vote for "debate", cause we havent had the o-fficial ones yet, but we do debate a lot.

ps dante, tight sig!

ps dante, tight sig!

Thanks, cowboy.

I haven't gotten around to doing it with 'discussion'. I've been rearranging my room. But I'll work on it probably tomorrow.

p.s. my time stamp is all funky. It's an hour behind...how can I change that (didn't see the option) :D

p.s. my time stamp is all funky. It's an hour behind...how can I change that (didn't see the option)  :D

hmm...try "my controls", should be "board settings" i believe, there's a timezone selection there, as well as daylight savings option....the settings arent universal for the board, so its up to everyone to set their own, but most dont...anyway, hope that helps, and thanks again, cant wait to see em!

Archived