Hondo's Bar

What's the first game you completed?

MyLeakyBucket

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know if the new LSL is out yet? I can't wait for that.

Aw yeah, I saw that in some magazine or other....I dunno if it could ever match the charms of the original. I loved that game. I used t'play the shit out've that game. Probably my favorite birthday present ever was a copy of "Leisure Suit Larry 2" that I got from one of my boys on my 18th birthday. Very cool. :D

I got my second favorite the week before last from my girly girl though. Witness the fitness....

244566.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
There making another Leisure Suit Larry? Could be awful but if they let the guys behind 'Grim Fandango' and 'Monkey Island' contribute it could be the best game ever. Anyone know who's making it?

...what do you call that genre of PC games, "point and click"? I first started with Maniac Mansion, but ive played a bit of Fandango, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max...these are my favorite PC games right here.

The evry first sonic on my old master system

Wow, i forgot they had sonic 1 on SMS....i bought it the day it came out for Genesis, kinda how i met DJ Ario X. had it for game gear later, too.

Frogger, centipede, and qubert....all on atari. Those were my first games.

Yeah, but no way you completed any of em...did you?

I almost beat "Miner 2049er", i dont know if anyones seen that one. Man, i wish i had q-bert back then tho.

...what do you call that genre of PC games, "point and click"? I first started with Maniac Mansion, but ive played a bit of Fandango, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max...these are my favorite PC games right here.

I've usually heard them referred to as "adventure games". Those point-and-click adventures were always my favorite genre, I'm kinda sad to see them go. They focused a lot more on character, story and dialogue. Especially the Lucasarts ones (remember back when they made games that weren't Star Wars? those were the days). Full Throttle still remains one of my favorite games of all time.

Me completed personally? Does it count that I watched my parents play FF1 and saw it completely through till the end?

I can't deferentiate between the ones I did personally and the ones my parents did. I know I watched them finish Legend of Zelda, Lufia and the Temple of Doom, and a few others. I started a lot of games but I never finished them...

For me, I think it would be the Chrono Trigger... but that may not be accurate.

Archived