Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Comics Journal

Da Cap'n

I can't even watch the Linkara reviews, it's one of those things that you just can't believe was actually allowed to happen. The same guy wrote part of the Ultimate universe called Ultimate Human, when I was reading the entire Ultimate universe I read 3 pages of it and said "fuck it."

• 1 month later...

Wanted to read something a little different this week, so I picked up Bendis' Moon Knight run, well the first 6 issues of that anyway (Ultron's head, hallucinating heroes.) Pretty cool stuff so far. Gotta pick up the rest of that story, but I can see why some of you guys talk him up so much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else reading All New X-men(Original five in modern tiemz) and struck by how progressive but foul-mouthed the original five x-men were?

Aside from Bendis' lazy approach to dialogue it's a decent book. I look forward to seeing where they take it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am working on getting back into reading, now that we have a good comic shop near us. Picked up Death of Wolverine: Deadpool and Captain America which was better than I thought it would be, Deadpool art of War, which was not so good, Superior Iron Man which I thought was awesome and the final volume of Locke and Key which made me sad because it's finally over.

I'm trying to figure out where I want to go next to play catch up. I ordered Hawkeye #2 (trade) and was thinking about maybe trying out Infinity or AvX. Maybe Fear Itself? I'm wondering which big Marvel Events i've missed out on since Civil War burned me (and my wallet) so hard. Also maybe trying out Inhumans.

I haven't read much DC since new 52 started (Animal Man was amazing) and I was wondering if any plots from that have held up at all.

Thoughts?

skip/wiki both AvX & Fear Itself (as well as most recent crossovers)

Marvel - Daredevil's still fantastic, Uncanny/New Avengers, Spidey 2099

DC - Batman (Snyder)

Other - TMNT and Ghostbusters are both a lotta fun, IDW is knocking those outta the park for me. Saga, Zero, Wythches, Mignolaverse (Abe Sapien, Baltimore, BPRD etc) and that's pretty much my pull list

• 2 months later...

...pretty much

so that's how Namor makes it out...no idea what to make of Cabal + evil Ultimate FF reed, but we haven't seen where DOOM went, Strange's crew, who's really causing this, etc...shit's crazy

Throw in the Ivory Kings and shit is getting ugly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...