PC problems

The NZA

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Keep your eyes peels for this one :love:

New AIM Bot Chats, Spreads

Self-perpetuating bot appears harmless, but may be a first draft, vendor warns.

Nancy Gohring, IDG News Service

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A new breed of malicious instant message bots is on the loose, according to IMlogic, a developer of enterprise instant messaging security applications.

IMlogic issued the warning late on Tuesday and cited a recent example of such a malicious bot. On Monday, IMlogic first published details of a new threat known as IM.Myspace04.AIM. Once the computer of an American Online Instant Messenger (AIM) user is infected by the IM.Myspace04.AIM bot, the bot sends messages to people on the infected user's buddy list, making the messages appear to come from the infected user. The infected user isn't aware the messages are being sent. If recipients click on a URL sent with a message, they'll also become infected and start spreading the virus.

More...

that's what people get for not using Trillian.

hey, who knows about outlook express? i got this one folder for hotmail (junk), then it lumps my hondo's bar mail with my g-mail under "inbox", wont let me make a whole other section for one or the other...its retarded. ill attatch a pic to show what i mean, mebbe im just missin somethin....i dont want subfolders, they need their own sections, dammit.

goddammit%20outlook.bmp

DT, you mean just setting rules so mail to certain places goes into certain folders, then? shame i cant get thunderbird to work with my shit.

ps Was lookin at that gain page....whats it got over trillian? cause i got no complaints, tho skins wouldnt be bad i guess.

Archived