Hondo's Bar

X-Men Legends

The NZA

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, im in act 5, and about to unlock Iron Man as a playable charcter...how badass is that?! I dunno if ill beat all the Danger Room and get Xavier, but i intend to replay a bit just to get Deadpool.

What the...? ok, i can accept the PC kids get Pyro & Sabretooth, too (theyre supposedly just differnet skins), but PSP gets Cable, X-Man, Cannonball & Dark Phoenix?! Dont get me wrong, Bishop's cool, but id trade him for Cable in a minute, and i loved X-Man.

Well that settles that then. PSP here I come!! I'm having trouble getting into the Sequel, and I like unlocking characters, so the whole smorgasboard straight up don't do it for me. So Nick, you gotta do Danger Room shite to get Deadpool?! So totally there!!

Oh, and I hated Ultimate Spiderman.

Yeah, im with you on unlocking them....1 more item tonight, and Iron Man's on the squad.

Xavier comes from danger room completion; Deadpool, you gotta beat the game (also shooting for tonight). Yeah, id go with the PSP versoin....even tho Cable's just gonna be a skin of Bishop, and X-Man of Phoenix (most likely), im a sucker for that shit, and theyre bound to have different moves.

Cable, Deadpool, Wolverine & X-Man on a squad, with Iron Man and Nightcrawler as pinch hitters....fuck.

• 2 months later...

This game really rocks!

Colossus is the most bullshit character, seeing as we found this Item he began using at like level 7 and he still uses at level 50 to make him the strongest character.

Magneto is just fucking cool, but he is Magneto.

Stark is fun, too, if you get him unlocked.

Wolvy has great potential, but I find that I almost always have the same team with me: Colussus, Magneto, Wolvy, and Storm.

The other's kinda suck.

Yeah, Deadpool's badass if you can ge thim too...i never got Xavier tho, some Danger Room missions i just couldnt finish.

There's other gooc characters to use (i had fun with Bishop), but some, like say Juggernuat, i just couldnt make useful for the life of me. Oh, and seriiously, Nightcrawler's worth it if you bulid him up...check out his "leap of faith" ability.

I fucked up the stats a while back and haven't gotten back into the game. I've been tied up with Matrix: Path of Neo for a bit...

I really liked it so far. I never paid much attention to the gear or the stats and then all of a sudden I"m getting the crap kicked out of me and trying to figure out why. Think I'll start again someday.

:dammit: The game Path of Neo is pretty darn crazy itself. Shiny took some serious creative liberty with the movies allright. But it's very entertaining and cool to play. :)

Yeah I needed help getting the stat points right for each character and I freakin' gave up trying to divy up gear b/w all of the crew. Started losing shit & misplacing shit... running out of room.... whatever.

• 3 months later...

Okay, so I have to stay out of the Nintendorks thread permanately.

You guys are costing me a fortune in game purchases...

:2T:

No, but seriosuly, I picked XML2, and it's pretty cool. It's action RPG, which I like and in real time.

I just started and just rescued Blink, which is like not even 25 mintues of gameplay really, so I'm just scratching at the surface on this one.

What are some of the tips you guys may have on this?

- What's the best party to lead out with? (Wolverine/Cyclops) are a given.

- Any strategies? Gear division strategies?

- Combos? The XXA, combo on XBox gets old quick, are there any little tweaks I can make for the fighting style to mix it up?

Post anything you can about this game, you want. I'm digging this game, and given my "new found" love for the X-Men again, in games, wanna trick out and I feel like I'm overwhelmed and missing stuff.

PS - The in game menu screens are kinda sucky and not well organized, IMO... :D

Okay, So I have been bouncing back between this and Lara Croft today.

This reminds me so much of an X-Men "Champions of Norrath" or a Gauntlet type of game with no "real" true RPG elements (ala FF) and just juggling of the equipment and skills.

I like it though and currently am using the New XMen format w/Wolverine, NightCrawler, Storm and Sunfire.

So far, so good.

Youre right, the meu screen coulda been better. i also spent way too much time archiving weapons/armor but thats cuase i hoarde shit if for no other reason than to sell it & make enough to pay for the massive ability upgrades. Dont know how Xbox is, on GC the loading time when you go to the menu got annoying.

Its very diablo/gauntlet like, youre right...the RPG element is the stats/leveling up. My party went like this:

-Wolvy: Save on health items cause he heals. Plus he's my boy. I worked on his healing factor, toughness, sharpness etc and his first slash ability - i dont like the ablitiiles that are split up between enemies, i like the boss-killers.

-Nightcrawler's a great secondary character, if for no other reason than leveling him up enough to learn "leap of faith", comes in mad handy later on in the game, i find.

You need a flyer. Later on, my party was the ideal, with Iron Man and Deadpool (!) but that's by the game's end. You need someone to cross bridges, but when Nightcrawler can 'port far enough, that'll do.

I used Bishop a lot, etc - its down to prefence as long as youve got a flyer, someone that can mebbe make bridges if you hae to in that area, and a powerhouse or two to stay alive. For some reason, Juggernaut always sucked for me, Collossus was way better...but again, that part really comes down to preference, you could make Cyk work pretty good, i just dont like the guy as much.

Back bitches! Woo! Anyways, my reasoning is simply that i like unlocking & earning characters. Having 'em all in my grill from the get-go wasn't on for me. Sure there's still 4 unlockables, but pfft. Who cared about Tony Stark back then?

My essential 4 are Sunfire, Magneto, Toad & Collosus or Wolvie.

Eh...stat points are your call, their averaging isnt bad but i emphasize certain things for certain charaters, like say strength for Wolveirne - his shit was triple digit by the game's end, so he was my boss-killer. Nightcrawler needs agility/speed, Magneto needs MP, etc.

just dont let it auto-do the abilities or whatever theyre called, you shoudl really carefully customize which ones they learn and max out the ones youd use the most - there's a lotta bullshit secondary abilityes ("increases luck" or some shit) and melee attacks that dont do enough damage to warrant taking them over solo ones. Trust me, youll spend more $ in the long run if you dont set them right early on. Its your call, but i like gettin the most out of my team.

Archived