Hondo's Bar

**Favorite Movie Lines**

VHS or DVD? I'd check Amazon.com or Reel.com, theyre usually fair on both.

"Anyone ever ask if you've got a bad case of 'The Mondays'"?

"...nah.  Nah, nah man! Shit like that gets your ass kicked."

I personally love Milton, the lil mumblin guy.  Reminds me of Celso (another board member).

"My...my red stapler...i could....i could...burn this place down..."

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap, sorry to hear that, good luck.

"If i had a million dollars, the first thing I'd do? Man, i'd do two chicks at once."

Heh, the boss, he's a trip.

"Yeeeah....uh, could you...move a little over to the left? Yeah, that'd be great.  Oh hey, do you have that TPS report?"

ooo.jpg

Office space

Samir: No one is this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Nayee-Nanajar. Nayeenanajar.

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well, at least you're name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir: You know, there's nothing wrong with that name.

Michael Bolton: There WAS nothing wrong with it. Until I was about 12 years old, and that no-talent-ass-clown because famous and started winning Grammys.

Samir: Why don't you just go by Mike, instead of Michael?

Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change it? He's the one who sucks.

Why don't we just turn this thread into an Office Space tribute :D

"Hi Milton, were gonna have to move you again. Yeahhhh. If you could just go and move your stuff down to the basement that'd be great."

Did some research. If I want to buy it with my UK pounds it comes at the measly price of about £90 (sic) :ill: Fucking bitch!

Not giving up yet though. That video will be mine, oh yes it will be mine.

Fight Club (the movie)

[after vigorous sex with Tyler Durden]

Marla Singer: I haven't been fucked like that since grade school!

Tyler Durden: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war. Our depression is our lives.

I would be indebted to you KoS if you could do that. If your lucky I might send you some extra burned CDs in return.

In the meantime,

"She's sick ma. Really sick. You want me to bring her ma fine. I'll bring her. No, don't worry ma, I'll drag her out of bed." Buffalo 66

"Hey, what's this I hear about you screwing up the TPS reports?"

You know I read the Fight Club book and listen to the commentaries on the DVD. The movie is almost exactly like the book. Tons of the dialogue is straight out of the text. One of the things they did have to change because it was to offensive and controvesial was the line you mentioned. Marla Singer originally (in the book) said (in bed after sex with Tyler): I want to get pregnant so I can have your abortion. The grade school comment seems kind of tame by those standards. I'm not easily offended, but that comes close.

And Buffalo 66 rocked.

"How do you write women so well!?"

"I think of a man.  Then, I take away reason, and accountability."

- Jack Nicholason, As Good as it Gets

And no section like this is complete without...

"..Who's...who's motorcylce is this?"

"It's a chopper, baby."

"Who's chopper is this?"

"Zed's."

"Who's Zed?"

"Zed's dead, baby.  Zed's dead."

- Bruce Willis, Pulp Fiction

Its a sad day when we have to resort to Quentin Tarantino films. Don't get me wrong, the scripts are genius, but so overused, its unbelievable.

"Where's the money Lucas?"

"Atlantic City."

"What's it doing in Atlantic City?"

"Recirculating?"

- Empire Records

Had to mention this one. Definitely my fave teen movie ever.

My favorite teen movie (if you can call it that):

"It's not like I'm a lesbian or anything. I'm attracted to the person. It's just that all the people I've been attracted to happen to be girls."

- Tammy Metzler, Election

"Paul...Paul...Paul for President...Promise...Progress... Peanut."

- Paul Metzler, Election

"And thank you, God. you've given me so many things like good health, great parents and what I'm been told is a large penis and very grateful."

- Paul Metzler, Election

"I mean where is she really getting at anyway...and what is she doing in that limo?! Who the fuck does she think she is?!!!"

- Mr McAllister, Election

Also a good teen movie:

(said between classes) "Well, as they say in the tampoon business, see you next period."

- Hawk, Detriot Rock City

One of my favorite action movies ever:

"This is more enjoyable than my average day...reading philosophy, avoiding gang rape in the washrooms...though, it's less of a problem these days...maybe I'm losing my sex appeal." - Sean Connery, The Rock

Ed Harris: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

Sean Connery: "Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious," according to Oscar Wilde. [Harris strikes him and Connery falls to his knees] Thank you for making my point.

Ed Harris: Put the phone down.

David Morse: I'm calling them Frank, I'm asking for more time.

Ed Harris: You're being asked by a friend.

[Morse continues]

Ed Harris: You're being ordered by a superior officer!

[Morse carries on, Harris draws]

Ed Harris: Now you're being given your last chance by a man with a gun.

Pardon me, didnt know it was an underground poety recital... :D

"Why shouldn't I join the NSA? ...I'll take a shot.

Say I'm working at the NSA and somebody puts a code on my desk, something no one else can break.  Maybe I take a shot at it, and maybe I break it. I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well.

But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East, and once they had that location, they bomb the villiage where the rebles are hiding.

Fifteen hundred people that I never met, never had no problem with, get killed.

Now, the politicians are saying, 'Send in the Marines to secure the area' 'cause they don't give a shit, won't be their kid over there gettin' shot, just like when it wasnt them when their number got called, 'cause they're all touring in the National Gaurd.  

Maybe some kid from the South where they're taking shrapnel in the ass, and he comes back to find out the plant he used to work at got exploited to the country he just got back from, and the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for 15 cents a day, no bathroom breaks.

Meanwhile, he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so that we could install a government that'd sell us oil at a good price, and of course the oil companies use the lil' skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices; it's a cute philanthropy benefit for them, but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon.  

They're taking their sweet time brining the oil back, of course, maybe even take the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to likes to drink martinis and fuckin' play (chicken) with the icebergs.  It ain't too long 'till he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic.  

So, now my buddy's outta work, he can't afford to drive so he's walking to the fuckin' job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel's giving him chronic hemmorhoids, and meanwhile, he's starving, 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat, the only blue-plate special they're serving is North Atlantic sprod with quaker-state.

So what did I think? I'm holding out for something better.

I figure fuck it, why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Gaurd? I could be elected President."

- Matt Damon, Good Will Hunting

*surrounded by Confederate troops*

"...you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie?"

- The Outlaw Josey Whales

"Shoot straight, you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

- Breaker Morant

"..."

- Golgo 13