Hondo's Bar

**Favorite Movie Lines**

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Stevo: To be an anarchist in Salt Lake City was certainly no easy task, especially in 1985. And having no money, no job, no plans for the future, the true anarchist position, was in itself a strenuous job."

"I didn't sell out, I bought in. Remember that."

SLC Punk

>Mr Furious (Ben Stiller) unsuccessfully tries to balance a hammer on his head

Mr F: Why am I doing this again?

Sphinx (Wes Studi): When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you can head off your foes with a balanced attack.

Mr F: And why do I have to wear watermelons on my feet?

Sphinx: ...I don't recall telling you to do that!

>Sphinx walks off while Mr F smashes the melons with the hammer

- Mystery Men

And an oft' quoted one around my house (jus' cause the accent's so much fun)

Connor - Well, "name one thing you're gonna need the stupid fuckin' rope for!"

Murphy - That was way easier than I thought it would be!

Connor - Aye

Murphy - On TV you always have that guy who leaps over the sofa...

Connor - And you have to shoot at him for ten fucking minutes, too!

This is easily one of the most well written and acted movies I've ever seen, also one of my favorite plays.

Nick: What I thought I'd do is, I'd sort of insinuate myself generally, you know, find all the weak spots...become sort of a fact and then turn into a, a what? (gesturing toward George)

George: An inevitability.

Nick: Exactly, an inevitability. Take over a few courses from the older men, plow a few pertinent wives.

George: Now that's it. I mean, you can shove aside all the older men you can find, but until you start plowing pertinent wives, you're really not working. That's the way to power. Plow 'em all!...The way to a man's heart, the wide inviting avenue to his job is through his wife, and don't you forget it.

Nick: And I'll bet your wife's got the widest, most inviting avenue on the whole damn campus. (He laughs) I mean, her father being president and all.

George: You bet your historical inevitability.

Nick: Yessiree. I'd just better get her off into the bushes right away.

George:  "There's quicksand here and you'll be dragged down before you know it...sucked down...You disgust me on principle and you're a smug son of a bitch personally but I'm trying to give you a survival kit.."

Nick:  "UP YOURS!"

George:  "You take the trouble to construct a civilization...to build a society based on the principles of...you make government and art, and realize that they are, must be, both the same...you bring things to the saddest of all points...to the point where there is something to lose...then all at once, through all the music, through all the sensible sounds of men building, attempting, comes the Dies Irae. And what is it? What does the trumpet sound? Up yours."

- Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Amazing: I knew you couldn't change.

Cassanova: I knew you'd know that

Amazing: Oh, I knew that. And I knew you'd know I know you knew.

Cassanova: But I didn't. I only knew that you'd know that I knew. Did you know that?

Amazing:.....Of course.

Or

Mr. Furious: Ok, am I the only one who finds these sayings just a little bit formulaic? "If you want to push something down, you have to pull it up. If you want to go left, you have to go right." It's...

Sphinx: Your temper is very quick, my friend. But until you learn to master your rage...

Mr. Furious: Your rage will become your master? That's what you were going to say, right? Right?

Sphinx: .....Not neccessarily.

-Mystery Men

Oddly enough I hadn't looked at this thread for a while and I was gonna post the second Mystery Men quote that Silent Bob posted. Well, this one'll do:

Sally: You're late!

Furious: Yes, I know. I was up all night, trying to defend the city from evil...but I'm sure you don't really care about that--

Sally: Work starts at nine! It's nine twenty-five!

Furious: Ooh, so I guess all the junk's probably ruined by now.

Sally: Hey sucker, when are you gonna tear down that jeep like I told you to?

Furious: Okay, I thought we went through this yesterday. That old jeep is actually an armored car of some type. It was meant to withstand bombs. I can't just rip it apart with a crowbar.

Sally: Just junk it!

Furious: Maybe if you gave me the proper tools, I could--

Sally: Junk it!

Furious: All right, you know what? I'm willing to have this discussion with you, but I think we should deal with it like two people who respect--

(She grabs his goggles, which are slung around his neck, and pulls him close.)

Sally: I want it junked.

Furious: Okay. Right now I'm kinda like a powder keg, and you're the match. If you tell me to junk it one more time--

Sally: Junk it now! You got that?

Furious: (grabs up a stress ball, squeezes it frantically, and then drops it) That little sucker just saved your life.

Sally: (laughs) Just junk it, you miserable cuss.

Mr. Furious: ...or maybe it's because Lance Hunt is Captain Amazing.

The Shoveler: Oh not this again! Lance Hunt wears glasses. Captain Amazing DOESN'T wear glasses!

Mr Furious: He takes them off when he transforms.

The Shoveler: That doesn't make any sense! He wouldn't be able to see!

Heh, and there's plenty more.

Mr Furious: Don't mess with a volcano, my man. Cause I will go POMPEII on your b-butt...

Cops: ...............Boo!

Mr Furious: Ahhh!

Cop: Kepp dreaming...wannabe.

Shoveler: Ok, Roy, let's go.

Mr Furious: I will keep dreaming!...I will keep dreaming, my friend!...And when I wake up...you better hope...you better hope you're asleep!...Sweet dreams...lilac!