Hondo's Bar

Reign of Fire

€ 13
Whoa. You guys pay more for EVERYTHING over there, jeesh!

Nah, it's not that bad, it's just that this poor sap has to pay in for the missus too!

Oh, Ok then, € 13 for two people is fine (especially if it was an evening show).

PS Hehe, Quote inside a quote inside a quote. Is nothing sacred?

I wonder how many quotes this thing can take!

I mean how long until the computer crashes or your eyes bleed...or both!

You have now found yourself, trapped in the incomprehensible maze.

This can't go on forever. What happens at like 100 interwoven quotes?

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

Three quote replies in a row. that's just gratuatous! No two-in-a-row quotes for this. Be patient!

Way to fuck it up IC! Just play along. We wanna see what happened when it gets ludicrously high.

Just an experiment Nick, when we finish up we'll go back to talking about that dragon movie, but for now...

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

€ 13

Nah, it's not that bad, it's just that this poor sap has to pay in for the missus too!

Oh, Ok then, € 13 for two people is fine (especially if it was an evening show).

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

Three quote replies in a row. that's just gratuatous! No two-in-a-row quotes for this. Be patient!

Way to fuck it up IC! Just play along. We wanna see what happened when it gets ludicrously high.

Just an experiment Nick, when we finish up we'll go back to talking about that dragon movie, but for now...

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

That middle quote box that says € 13 is going to get smaller and smaller :D

€ 13

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

This's going too slow, let's give it a jumpstart! :D

€ 13

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

That's more like it! :approve:

€ 13

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

Oh...my...god... :fuming:

€ 13

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

NOOOOOO!!! I have discovered the awful truth, to see for yourselves quote this, preview post, then look at the middle. Ah well...uhh anyway, we were talking 'bout dragons...

€ 13

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

NOOOOOO!!! I have discovered the awful truth, to see for yourselves quote this, preview post, then look at the middle. Ah well...uhh anyway, we were talking 'bout dragons...

Whoa! :D It just...disappears...anyway, uhhh, dragons, yeah....

€ 13

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

"Oh, sure, just go along. Why, If you & I were alive in Germany in the 30's, i bet you'd be goose stepping down the road, sayin 'Cmon Jerry, go along!'" - Seinfeld

€ 13

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

REIGN OF QUOTES!!!

"Oh, sure, just go along. Why, If you & I were alive in Germany in the 30's, i bet you'd be goose stepping down the road, sayin 'Cmon Jerry, go along!'" - Seinfeld

Well sure, I mean, you don't want to be the odd man out do you? DO YOU?!?! :hold gun to IC's head: That's what I thought. See, it's good to juts play along. Aren't we all just so much happier this way?

€ 13

I have no idea...

...let's keep quoting...

...and we'll find out.

Hey guys! Can I play too! This is starting to look like an optical illusion.

Saw the movie, was relatively good. I mean, once you get past the plot being fruity, the dragons did inspire fear and seemed to be pretty brutal fuckers. Wasn't as bad as I thought.

• 2 months later...

Just came back from seeing this at a friend's house, and I just thought I'd throw in my two cents for anyone who cares.

Eh. I know these blockbusters aren't supposed to be brilliant but this one was just kind of bland. Nobody had any character whatsoever, Mccaughnahey (however you spell that monstrous name) gets the closest, being a gurff and tough army guy or whatever, but he still falls flat. They just sort of bark at each other throughout the whole thing, cardboard cutouts. The female character served absolutely no purpose other than to meet some sort of requirement that these things have a bit of obligatory sexual tension. Other plot related stuff was just a bunch of cliches, like that random adopted son thrown in for more yelling and forced conflict. Yeah yeah, we don't go to these for the plot, but dammit, 80 % of the screen time is spent on a bunch of dirty people yelling recycled dialogue at each other.

And then there's the action and all that. Also kinda bland. Sure, the dragons look cool, and there are some really cool shots of people being eaten, once you get passed that, the action scenes themselves aren't that great. It sort of sets up some cool ideas, then doesnt follow through. All of the fireproff stuff in the first action scene could have been cool later, but they abandon that. Then the way they catch em from a helicopter was a cool scene, but that didn't get taken very far either. And the last fight, they could've found a way to outsmart, find a weakness in, or even outfight the thing in a cool way but they kind of just kill it. Still a good fight, cause the dragon looked cool, but it's not as badass as expected.

Wasn't all bad though, the dragons do look cool, and the action scenes are enjoyable, they're just too uneventful and far between. The world itself look pretty damned cool, castles burning, and dragons filling the sky. The look way was too dark and gloomy, I know this movie isn't a fucking ray of sunshine, but jesus, this thing was monochrome. Oh, and will somebody figure out that nighttime is BLACK, not BLUE? Fuck, you'd think the moon was a blue spotlight sometimes.

So, I didn't like it much, and the defense that it's an action movie and all of this just doesn't cut it. The action scenes did nothing special apart from a few good death scenes. Such potential, and some scenes sort of showed some cool ideas, but instead of following through they left it on autopilot and let it crash...

PS SPOILIER

Oh, and they say that the dragons are like fish, only one male... They mean one male in the whole fucking species? And what about all those eggs, no males in there? That's just fucking stupid. Half the reason I would want to watch this movie is to figure out "How do they beat an entire world full of dragons?" The movie's job is to give us a cool resolution to a seemingly impossible problem. They don't even explain why the remaining thousand fuckers just dissapear when the head honcho dies, they just kinda do... I felt cheated!

Well, that was a mouthfull, nobody's gonna bother reading that....