Hondo's Bar

Rage Against the Machine

The NZA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's like hoping Led Zeppelin don't get back together cause it'll hold up Robert Plant's next solo project.
Not really, when you take into consideration the whole rage being shit thing.

Rap does not belong with rock , it just does'nt work.

He's not even a good rapper.

And the random prejudice against rap is just kind of off-putting

I've nothing against rap per se,

I do like some rap, 2001 is a fantastic album,

it's just most rap i've heard is rubbish.

including rage and their nu-metal crap, the music in rage is nowhere as good as audioslave.

it's funny, Rage strike me as being bland and having no range

IMO audioslave is a huge dissapointment. They have absolutely no range

have you actually heard an audioslave album?

or do you hate em 'cos it meant rage were'nt comin' back.

The first album is anything but bland, and has loadsa range, with hard driving classic rockesque cochise and set it off

and slow paced I am the highway and getaway car.

even if you don't like the music, you cant say they dont have range

p.s. dont get me started on the pixies

Gotta admit, i've not heard much audioslave, i always meant to get their first album just never got round to it either.

RATM, i only own one album and thats Renegades, an album of covers which is amazing, i've previously pimpd tracks from that such as the covers of Street Fighting Man (Rolling Stones), Maggies Farm (Bob Dylan) and Ghost of Tom Joad (Bruce Springsteen) and thats a good album, but i love the RATM fist thumping anthems, its one of my regrets that i've not seen them live, seems that may change now, esp if they come to Ireland.

Not mad on Pixies either, but again, they do have some good songs.

Man, this is the weirdest stance ive seen since Yahven.

If youre simply against rap, thats your thing (who's 2001?), but to discount Rage for that is a huge loss. I was turned off by Zach's style when i first heard it, but i wasnt really hearing it. His lyrics & raw energy are incredible, and Morello in the background made for a ridiculous combination.

Audioslave has had some good tracks - i oughta hear the Preaching one, but i dug Out of Exile, I didnt hear all of their prior one but was also fond of Shadow on the Sun. Mebbe another album or two'd help me gauge it better, but i didnt even see htem as being as consistent as Soundgarden. And from what Junker'd played for me in the past, Cornell's solo stuff was good too.

Im not trying to see Audioslave break up just to hate on em - i mean, the people who go to Velvet Revolver shows to bitch about the lack of GnR are dicks - but seriously, the chance of haivng Rage back dwarfs all other possibilities. It strikes me as saying the Police shouldnt get back together, cause Sting's got so much left to do solo....youre entitled to it, but fuck, its an odd view.

If youre simply against rap, thats your thing (who's 2001?),

2001 by Dr. Dre?

Audioslave has had some good tracks - i oughta hear the Preaching one, but i dug Out of Exile,

It's funny that's my least favourite audioslave album, i much prefer audioslave and revelations

but seriously, the chance of haivng Rage back dwarfs all other possibilities. It strikes me as saying the Police shouldnt get back together, cause Sting's got so much left to do solo....youre entitled to it, but fuck, its an odd view.

It's not that weird a view when someone hates rage and loves audioslave

I gotta go lookit that lineup. Sen is serious, and she's pushing Rage with Bjork and The Roots....fuck, that's a helluva lineup.

2001 by Dr. Dre?
Oh, yeah. Sorry, i forget most of his work after The Chronic, tho 2001 was good. You heard The Chronic? Fuckin hell.

It's funny that's my least favourite audioslave album, i much prefer audioslave and revelations

i didnt get into the eponymous album, prolly still salty bout rage fallout but i guess i should check it out.

It's not that weird a view when someone hates rage and loves audioslave

I know were arguing preference, but considering how many music fans ive talked to, and you bein the first to say you prefer audioslave is the first ive ever heard of it...i guess id react the same way if someone dug Velvet Revolver to Guns N Roses, only, i dug GnR but not nearly as much as Rage. There's just nothing out like them (except SOAD sometimes tries, i tend to think) and blaming Zach for nu-metal is like blaming Notorious B.I.G. for Lil Wayne or something...you cant hold the original responsible for the hacks.

...you cant hold the original responsible for the hacks.

this i suppose is true, you cant blame zeppelin for allt he shite "classic rock" bands out now,

like the fuckin' raconteurs.

"I'm Jack White and im the exact same as Jimmy Page in every way except the whole me being a shit musician thing"

That's my Jack White impersonation, uncanny is'nt?

I was reading a classic rock magazine's list of 100 nest guitarists of all time,

they had rory gallagher at 92 and Jack Shite at 23.

in the words of John Cleese

"It makes me MAD, MAD"

• 3 months later...

He basically said that since all the hipsters were going against Bush the only way to truly rage against the machine was to support him and said he'd be supporting the Republican Party in '08, except that dirty Rudy Guiliani 'cause of his pro-life ways. Then Hannity agreed, Coulter said he was hot and Nugent rocked them all to cat-scratch fever, where upon striking the first chord of the chorus Coulter lifted up her shirt and unleashed the nicest fucking cans I've ever set eyes on. I mean, her funbags were like one of those nappy headed hos on the "Please Send Money to Africa 'cause we gots flies landing all over our eyes and shit" commercials, only really fucking pasty and white and therefore hotter.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
He basically said that since all the hipsters were going against Bush the only way to truly rage against the machine was to support him and said he'd be supporting the Republican Party in '08, except that dirty Rudy Guiliani 'cause of his pro-life ways. Then Hannity agreed, Coulter said he was hot and Nugent rocked them all to cat-scratch fever, where upon striking the first chord of the chorus Coulter lifted up her shirt and unleashed the nicest fucking cans I've ever set eyes on. I mean, her funbags were like one of those nappy headed hos on the "Please Send Money to Africa 'cause we gots flies landing all over our eyes and shit" commercials, only really fucking pasty and white and therefore hotter.

Classic Du$t. S'why I miss the guy.

At least we still have 2track Lite.

Anyway, been meaning to post this story. Evidently, in the UK, hitting the top of the pop charts on the week fo Christmas is especially prestigious, and something artists have fought to achieve for decades now, planning record releases and marketing pushes with the goal of topping the chart on that specific week. From 2005 to 2008, the number 1 song in the UK was by the winner of that year's The X Factor, the UK's version of American Idol (it's has Simon Cowell too). So this year, sick of the mediocre state of British pop, two people decided to state a Facebook campaign to get 1992's Killing In The Name to #1 on that week. The story picked up alot of press and lots of celebrities and musician threw their support behind it, and sure enough, Killing In The Name topped the UK pop charts Christmas week.

So fucking awesome. Take that, Eamonn!

At least we still have 2track Lite.

Anyway, been meaning to post this story. Evidently, in the UK, hitting the top of the pop charts on the week fo Christmas is especially prestigious, and something artists have fought to achieve for decades now, planning record releases and marketing pushes with the goal of topping the chart on that specific week. From 2005 to 2008, the number 1 song in the UK was by the winner of that year's The X Factor, the UK's version of American Idol (it's has Simon Cowell too). So this year, sick of the mediocre state of British pop, two people decided to state a Facebook campaign to get 1992's Killing In The Name to #1 on that week. The story picked up alot of press and lots of celebrities and musician threw their support behind it, and sure enough, Killing In The Name topped the UK pop charts Christmas week.

So fucking awesome. Take that, Eamonn!

That is so wierd, I'd been meaning to post this for so long, and (I swear to God) Just remembered I'd never posted it today at work, and just signed on now to post the thread (So weird) Here's the link to what I was I gonna post bbc.co.uk

Anyway I was delighted when I heard about this I was following it the whole way (The first time I've followed the charts in a long time)

A great song by an average band beating a shit song by a talentless ccokie cutter popstar? C'mon, no contest in who I'm rooting for.

The ironing of every Rage fan doing exactly what you tell them though is delicious.

• 2 years later...