Hondo's Bar

Arrested Development

MTV.com

"It's great. People stopped believing me when I would say 'I think it's going to happen! I can't guarantee it, but I think it's going to happen!' It really is a thrill," Howard told MTV News about the "Arrested Development" revival. "I visited the set last week. It's a blast over there. Mitch Hurwitz has such a remarkable, creative voice. It's the perfect set of actors to bring it to life. I'm so glad it's back. I'm a fan, too. The scripts are hilarious."

Howard's lips are sealed regarding the specifics of the new string of "Arrested" episodes, but he promised a healthy balance between fan service and creating brand-new pun-filled situations and characters that can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the likes of Bob Loblaw and the Surrogate.

"Mitch isn't trying to recreate something," Howard said. "It's been away for a while, and part of the fun that Mitch has been mining and exploiting is, what's new to discover about these people? What's delightfully unchanged? He and the writing staff and the actors have a fantastic sense of that. They're pretty brazen, pretty bold and fearless. That's what made the show into something that fans really kept alive."

Not only is "Arrested" alive, it's thriving. Howard promised that despite "a hell of a hiatus," everyone involved in the project "is in great form and dying to take the characters further."

"They're having the greatest time getting together and getting back into it," he said. "It's cool and bold and funny, and out there taking chances, just like it always did."

I worry that the bolded is an interpretation of what Ron said rather than what he actually said. If Ron actually said that the new characters are on par with Bob Loblaw and Larry the Surrogate then I would be super excited, but there's a good chance that the journalist filled the gaps with his own rose-colored imaginings.

new member cast too - im gonna try to avoid spoilers here, so much hype though!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can forgive that since each episode is a self contained story for each character. That format isn't as good as the classic episodes, but it gives each character a good moment to really shine.

I finished it last night

and the finale really lacked, but I hope that means they already know they are doing more episodes. I know they said it would lead into the movie, but really I'd like more of the show. I think there is a certain threshold for a number of episodes a show needs before it can be syndicated. It would be cool to see it get to that point

I just saw the Maeby episode and it was hilarious. I always forget how funny Maeby is. The story structure they are doing is super impressive on this season, the way all the episodes more or less retread over the same events, revealing easter eggs from the previous times we've seen them. I'll withhold finale judgment until I've finished the season, but I don't understand why you guys are saying it's not as good as the first three seasons.