Hondo's Bar

What is Your Favourite T.V. Show

Meltd0wn

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
30 Helens agree: Real Time with Bill Maher is the smartest show on TV. Daily Show is the funniest. Carnivale is by far the best series in the history of television, as we know it.

Been watching Carnivale recently (just finished the Babylon episode), and its really good. I hear its only two seasons, any idea why (designed that way or some schuck cancelled it?)?

Seriously, those of you that haven't watched this (It was on HBO) really should.

Been watching Carnivale recently (just finished the Babylon episode), and its really good. I hear its only two seasons, any idea why (designed that way or some schuck cancelled it?)?

Cancelled due to lack of interest. They killed my show now I will kill them. It's a shame, I'd like to see it come back and finish the story, especially since Lost has made obsessive viewing mainstream again, but I doubt it's going to happen. Then again I'm holding out for Series 3 of Twin Peaks in 2016.

• 1 year later...
oughta be...i only know of that show cause its writer, JMS, does a lotta Marvel comics, too. Fans of his swear the show starts off nearly Deadwood slow, but pays off big if you stick with it down the line, how true is that?
1,000,000%Once you start getting towards the end of the second season that show ceases to be "Babylon 5" and transformers into utter "badassness". If you make it towards the third season, you've got to be hooked.JMS is also one of my favorite comic book writers, so I'm pretty convinced that no matter what that guy does he doesn't know how to suck. He hasn't written alot, but "rising stars" and "squadron supreme" have been nothing but awesome.
Very. Never got far into the 5th season, though.
Incase you didn't know at the end of the third season they wern't sure if there was going to be a fifth season or not, they wern't guaranteed. So what Joe did was combine what he had planned in the fourth AND fifth season into only the fourth season. Then at the end of the fourth season they were like "hey look you got the fifth season", and Joe had to kinda fill that shit in with things that wern't exactly in the original plan of B5. The fifth season is still good, but if thats the one you missed, you really didn't miss that much. I would love to tell you some of the things that occur just to spur your interest but it would give to much away. I personally have watched through all five seasons numerous times. I'm currently watching the beginning of the third season, where shit gets really good.

cool. did you get to read Midnight Nation? limited series, but rally solid. His work on Amazing Spider-Man was awesome, for the most part. Isnt he doing a Dr. Strange book next or something? he should, he seems to love that kinda stuff.

cool. did you get to read Midnight Nation? limited series, but rally solid. His work on Amazing Spider-Man was awesome, for the most part. Isnt he doing a Dr. Strange book next or something? he should, he seems to love that kinda stuff.

I havn't read Midnight Nation yet, but have heard of it. Amazing Spider-man was good but I only have the first four tpb. The most recent news I heard was that he is writing the screenplay for the silver surfer movie and that made me happy.

As an added bonus it also feature the very tasty Kari Byron...

Amen.

This is a tough list to generate. If it includes cancelled shows, and both scripted fiction and non-fiction, it's hard to compare. As for off-the-air shows, I love Firefly, Arrested Development, Seinfeld, The Twilight Zone (original). If it includes non-fiction, I love Mythbusters, the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, Late Night with Conan, Bullshit!, Real Time with Bill Maher....

Ha ha, Whedon owns half your list. I still have to lend you Freaks and Geeks.

DoJ, you really liked Dilbert enough to have it be in your top 5? I was really disappointed by the series since I was a fan of the comic. It's not like it wasn't funny at times, it just seems off some how.

Archived