Hondo's Bar

TORI AMOS

MetalHeart

I'm glad you got to see it! Because apparently it's no longer available :( wtf??

When she played on her Beekeeper tour, she messed up at the beginning of Carbon. She came in on a totally weird pitch, and it was so cute about it! I'm trying my hardest to find video/audio of it, because I was sure I had it at some point before...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/ask_bb/index.jsp

TORI AMOS GETS GRAPHIC

Keith,

On Epic Records' official Web site Tori Amos' name has disappeared from (their artist roster).

Is her contract with Epic over?

Then, is it true, as reported on drummer Matt Chamberlain's site, that she is working in the studio on some new material?

Thank you for your attention,

Fabrizio Leone

Hello Fabrizio,

I reached out to Tori Amos' manager, John Witherspoon, for comment. He responded: "After 22 years of being in the shackles of the major label system, Tori has chosen the path of independence for her next work. As with many of her contemporaries Tori is devising new and exciting ways of getting her music to the masses without the boundaries and limitations of the major music companies."

He continues, "This will commence with a project of new music and visuals which is being started in the summer and due for release in Spring 2009."

He clarified that Chamberlain was with Amos in order to play on demo recordings for the musical she is writing for the British National Theater titled "The Light Princess."

Until then, fans of Amos should be on the lookout for the new graphic novel "Comic Book Tattoo," based on Amos' work, due in July through Image Comics.

Oh. Wow. Oh wow. This is totally awesome!! I'm very excited to see her independent ventures... I'm sure it will be amazing!

• 1 month later...
http://www.toriamos.com/chat.html

TORI AMOS VIDEO CHAT - TODAY! AT 4PM PST. That's in three hours!!! I'm so excited!!

In the meantime, if you missed her last video chat October 2007, you can check it out HERE

I've only watched recorded chats, and never participated in a live one, so I'm very excited!!! She's so adorable.

TORI WILL BE ON IN 4 MINUTES!!!!

Well, it's over. She's so fucking adorable. My question didn't get answered, but it was a madhouse in the chatroom, but with 750 people viewing in it's hard to get a word in. Totally worth it though.

Man I wish I could go to Comic Con...

Psh. I'm such a girl. Tori makes me all weepy inside. Outside I'm still made of fucking stone though, don't test me! *lip trembles*

- Song: Fat Slut, from American Doll Posse OR Hey Jupiter OR Silent All These Years...oh man.

- Cover song: See- I don't listen to her covers. She once ranted and raved about how "sample artists" were stupid, no-talent hacks. So, I don't do covers by Tori- write your own material beeatch!

- Bee side: I wasn't familiar with this, but after looking it up on Amazon must procure it for my own.

- Single re-mix: Not a fan of most remixed work.

- Album: Boys for Pele

- Album art: Again, Boys for Pele

- "era": The era surrounding Boys for Pele

You're my new best friend, k?

PS-

It's so good to see more Tori fans around!

Tori makes me weepy too. Happy tears, sad tears, it doesn't even matter. I have so many songs for so many times in my life, it's hard to count. Pele is one of the most hardest albums to listen to sometimes, because it seemed to be the soundtrack for a couple of very upsetting times in my life.

It's always refreshing to find others that feel similar!

Psh. I'm such a girl. Tori makes me all weepy inside. Outside I'm still made of fucking stone though, don't test me! *lip trembles

- Cover song: See- I don't listen to her covers. She once ranted and raved about how "sample artists" were stupid, no-talent hacks. So, I don't do covers by Tori- write your own material beeatch!

- Bee side: I wasn't familiar with this, but after looking it up on Amazon must procure it for my own.

Huzzah!!! we are multiplying! Soon we will take over ze world...

anyways, I strongly suggest you listen to Famous Blue Raincoat, which is not only a cover, but also a live Bee-Side. If you want the majority of b-sides, get A Piano (kinda pricey but worth it) the collection.

Don't Look Back in Anger (live boot set) is sublime and hilarious.

I missed the chat... i was at work. poo.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wait, so Tori is playing @ Bonaroo this year? Hmm...refresh my memory on where and when does that fest usually take place?

really? have you heard the album? i mean, when was the last time you listened to it?? how can you deny Josephine and love Regina so much??? hmmm hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm???? when was the last time you heard anything as powerful and questioning as Datura? Don't even get me started on Juarez and all that flesh.

FTCH is awesome, but venus shall not be denied!!! ever!!!

don't make me break out my bad ass fairy wings boy. I'll go all kinds of Grrrl on you.

:howyoudoin:

Aack! Crazy fangrrl speak like that is exactly why I haven't so much as peeped the MTF on @ in YEARS!

SRSLY though, TVAB is an ok album at best. OH.KAY.AT.BEST. Yep, I went there!

Look, that was a fun tour. I saw her in Atlanta on that tour. I think it was a double bill w/ Alanis Morisette. Great show. I dug the fact it was packaged w/ a live album as well. But that album (TVaB) kinda marked the point where Tori jumped the shark for me. Her first four albums (SATY, UTP, BFP, FTCGH) were outstanding. And while BFP was the weakest out of those albums for me, it's still pretty innovative. Juxtaposing the studio album TVAB with the live album of the older stuff only highlighted for me how truly meh TVaB was/is.

I may need to go back, as I do remember there were some good tracks, and give it another listen. But TVAB stands out in my mind as the beginning of the declination of my love/obsession w/ Tori...

Ouch. Toriphile fail. Yep, "SATY" should've been abbreviated as "LE."

And maybe I'm being a little too harsh on the albums of the last 10-11 years, but one gem in a pile of meh or even worse utter crap doesn't make it for me.

But if you give me a list of 11-15 great songs (enough for one decent album) from the albums post-TVAB and I will make a playlist out of it and give it a good listen then pass judgement.

Archived