Hondo's Bar

New car for Dante...

dante

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh.

My friend told me about this other hybrid made by Ford. The Freestyle. But it's huge. It seats 7. I don't think I could go for that. Besides I don't want to have to pay too much either. But once I win the lotto, money wont be an issue ;p

forget it, if I go car shopping with you I'm gonna go out of there with a dropped escape, dual exhaust pipes, an air foil, and some fuzzy dice...the fuzzy dice I can do. I always thought handcuffs were too tame...

I used to have a FORD and the good thing about them is that you can always find parts. But my friend has an Explorer and it hasn't given him any problems yet. I'm just gonna lease this sucker too. No purchasing. And my credit is good, so I don't think I'll have a problem.

The only thing is that my car now has a bunch of problems, major and minor. I've got a crack in the windshield, a bumper that is bent, nicks and dents everywhere, the A/C is busted, and it is suffering from a paint job...I'll be surprised to sell it for $200

I hear Ford numbers its truck models to keep track of on average how many times you have to bring them back to the shop.... F"150", F"350" and so on. :D

Owning a Ford I can tell you this. The service is a joke. The warrantee will expire the day that your transmission decides to explode. They're generally 3-years-and-out cars nowadays. Don't know why I didn't listen to people when I bought mine. It's been fun owning it, but the sunroof is blown, the alignment was off from the factory, the interior lights don't go on when the door opens, the antenna's stuck, the fuel pump has died every year ($300 a year). It's a mission.

Also, generally speaking, you NEVER... EVER... buy a first year model car. Wait until all the recalls and problems are worked out.

Oh...well, fortunately, my truck is older than you, and thusly the warranty idea is long dead. Its at @ 160k now, and i got it with a new alternator. Since then, i put in a new radiator (after that guy hit me), and changed out the idle air valve & fan belt. Other than that, just typical maintence, after a tire blowout or two. I cant complain, past the mileage, but then again, i bought a truck...you know, not a flinstonemobile.

ps oh, if youre talkin minor shit, yeah, things fall apart like a reznor track. one window (my fault), both window motors, cruise control, i think somebody jacked my hood light, other such shit. I thought it was just the age, tho, not the truck's make?

Heh, I appreciate the NIN reference. Well my SUV is a '95 and it has 160K+ miles on it. I got it with 132k. It was really used a lot.

Hondas are nice too. This SUV I have is japanese but it's so old/used up that I think that would be the reason for it falling apart.

I sat in the Escape today. The hybrid doesnt come out until mid of next year. But from where I sat, I say the car may be too small for me. My mom told me about the VW Touareg (sp?). I'm gonna look into that.

We also saw some more Isuzus but I want a change.

Both not bad cars, but I'm looking for an SUV. I could just wait for the Hybrid but like I said, it might be too small for my ass. So I'm gonna have to just save the world another way.

I looked into the Touareg but that starts at around 37k. I might as well but a freaking Mercedes or something...ok, not that much.

Honda has the CR-V, and that looks fairly cheap. But I gotta see what everyone says about it and how well it drives. And also the MPG.

actually, on a serious note, seems like you want originality, but something that doesn't attract attention at the same time.  try the scion tb.

sciontc05_01.jpg

heard it starts at 16k, not bad, methinks

thats the scion TC. its a lookalike of my car in a way. i dig it. but for some reason it didnt look too hot at the car show. but when i see it on the roads it is a very clean looking car.

Hey this thread should be moved into the sports section seeing that its about cars! Moderator????

What's your salary like?...it's best to base it off that. See what you make monthly, subtract your usual bill payments, and subtract other living expenses. Whatever is left over you could put to your car payments, but you should also save up a little extra in case of emergencies.

Archived