Hondo's Bar

Invincible

The NZA

There's been speculation that that's actually Bulletproof. Given that A) Bulletproof was the orginal name Kirkman was going to use for Mark, B) Bulletproof first appeared wearing that doofy costume Mark had with the solar batteries.

It's been speculated

that either due to the Super Virus or stoping to raise his child, Mark might drop the superhero gig for a bit and Bulletproof might take over.

Since I'm already spoiler tagging it, let's talk about what's going on currently. I was pretty pissed about the whole Viltrumite sleeper-agents thing but then I think I figured out where Kirkman is going with this. There's really only 2 angles I figure he's playing at with this:

1) Alan will use the super virus, killing all the viltrumites: since Mark and Oliver are half-breeds they'll be able to survive. Omni-Man will obviously die, but that's really the only place his character has left to go at this point.

2) Angstrom Levy/the remaining Invincible-clones attack again and the Viltrumites are pretty much forced into helping, giving them an alternate world to fuck off to.

3) Cecil Stedman keeps getting more and more shitty, eventually using the Super-Reanimen and the Viltrumites help because they're so pissed off at seeing their kind perverted in such a way.

4) The viltrumites learn to love it on Earth, just like Omni-man and become peaceful. Given the fact that there's been no less than 6 dismebowlings in the last 10 issues, this seems like the least likely one.

Edited by Iambaytor

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? when was this bulletproof dude talked about? maybe i missed it.

interesting ideas - i wasnt too pissy, because i figured the book might have a hard time going places if they wrap up the whole Viltrumite thing neatly with a bow on it. i think # 2 seems likely, but if they run off to Levy-world, doesn't that take away the whole "breeding themselves out of extinction" idea?

and yeah, Omni-man's kind've just around to die again and again i figure. shit though, the panels when Mark was imagining the invasion were balls-out, and fooled me for a few moments.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Not Mark, because I imagine Kirkman at least knows about Ultimate Spider-Man and will realize that killing off the main character to replace them with the black guy has been done. Realistically it'll probably be Robot, he's too likeable while still being periphery enough to go. I kind of hope it's Oliver though, don't really care about him at all.

• 1 month later...

So a couple of weeks ago I snagged the next Invincible trade I was up to.

After 2 very unproductive days at work and many cigarette breaks, I was all caught up.

Monster Girl is a slut

So I think Eve might get it, because no one likes a fatty. Oliver still has to live up to the villainous potential that I guessed when he first appeared (though I'm peeved that he's less purple now).

He already the Allen death gut punch. He got better.

Nolan...eh, maybe.

Things aren't looking good for Rex Robot. He'll probably sacrifice himself to blah blah blah.

So Rex is on top of my list, followed by Eve.

It'll probably be Tether Tyrant or something.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

...so, this series tied up last week!  anyone else read the finale? 

crazy shit went down in the final arc, i honestly thought there'd be more huge deaths but this ended about as happy as the universe here could

not a lot of books are consistently enjoyable for this long, but it was getting long in the tooth & i'm glad it's tied up, kinda wishing Walking Dead would do the same but that seems less likely