Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

The NZA

No way. The first six issues are too much. I'll just have to accept that I had them at one time, but that's it. I started back in the 70s or 80s and I'll go from there. Same for Invincible. Little by little I've caught up on reading every issue of both so it doesn't matter.

That's a good out look to have on it; I'm glad you're thinking that way!

However, in hindsight, we maybe should've taken some pics like those you just posted w/ your choicer books before they were sold. Or maybe you swimming about the entire collection Scrooge McDuck style.

Yeah :/

Still, history's history. Not going crazy this time buying books like a madman. It'll be rare that I buy multiple issues of one comic again (had to this time for ol' time sake). Besides, I'd rather read more and spend less :)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Issue #101

So what I predicted would happen in issue 100 did happen, just "off camera." I wonder if the Negan-force attack on the Woodbury complex will get a spin-off mini or be featured in a WD novel? I'd say the latter is more likely as Kirkman has yet to do a spin-off in the past 100 issues.

Anyone else guess it was Carl pointing a gun at Mags before they saw that panel? My favorite moment of the issue.

Issue #101

So what I predicted would happen in issue 100 did happen, just "off camera." I wonder if the Negan-force attack on the Woodbury complex will get a spin-off mini or be featured in a WD novel? I'd say the latter is more likely as Kirkman has yet to do a spin-off in the past 100 issues.

Anyone else guess it was Carl pointing a gun at Mags before they saw that panel? My favorite moment of the issue.

Carl was pointing the gun before we saw it in panel. Rick asked Maggie why she stopped punching him; it was because she saw Carl pointing the gun at her.

Carl was pointing the gun before we saw it in panel. Rick asked Maggie why she stopped punching him; it was because she saw Carl pointing the gun at her.

:wrong:

I know that, you daft twat. I was asking if you guessed what was happening off panel before you saw it in panel.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Issue #103. . .

Carl made the issue. First giving Rick the evil/stink eye when Rick asked him if he wanted a sandwich. It made me laugh. We should start calling it the Carl-eye... Eh. Maybe not. Also his little encounter w/ Negan was good.

Nit-picky fanboy digression--where the fuck are they getting bread from for sandwiches at this stage?

I read this issue last week, but was so underwhelmed by it I for got to come here and mention anything. Obviously, as has been stated by just about everyone else, this book is written to work well in the TPB format, so individual issues can sometimes have that effect of "What? That's it?" when you reach the end, but they generally work well to serve the larger story.

Still in the middle of rereading/getting caught up.

Just got back up to Dale's death. They handled that shit with class. I forgot how emotional that part was. Ending in on book 6 where they're at that dinner party so I got a ways to go. 7 and 8 are calling my name.

• 2 weeks later...

nice spoilerin

Still not caught up, but I finished book 8

up to

when they meet Jesus and get to the hilltop. Rick just offered to take out Negen(?) and his group for supplies and it ended with a big "what if we can beat the undead" thing.

I have no doubt things get worse, but it's nice to see things going kinda good.