Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

The NZA

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda want to see that, to be honest. Making Carl a baddie, for a while, could be interesting as fuck. Rick will have to work HARD AS HELL to get him to come back to the light and that would make for some awesome storytelling.

Also, agreed on Carl being safer than Rick.

I don't think that's where this is going. Other than a couple small moments it didn't really do anything towards humanizing Negan or helping us to sympathize with his plight. The man's set him up like a medieval lord and it's very obvious that his people only really tolerate him because he gets results (the cheating wife is a bitch by the way: can working for points be so bad that you're willing to let the man you love enough to have sex with behind the evil warlord's back get half his face burnt off? I sincerely hope she becomes zombie chow at some later point.) Point is, even as fucked up as Carl is I don't see him siding with Negan unless he gets some kind of wicked-bad Stockholm syndrome. If anything this issue showed just how weak Negan's facade really is, these people would devour him like wild dogs if somebody came along with something better and I believe that will be his downfall. He's an easy comparison to The Governor, but it's easy to forget that he put up a front as a decent and fair guy and was a psychopath in private. Negan is very nakedly a bully, a nutcase, and a piece of shit. He's got a hold on his people but they'd turn on him in a minute if something better came along.

Am I also the only one who's noticed that Jesus/Negan/all the other newbies are a lot more fleshed out/interesting/memorable than any person from the compound? I don't think I could name a single one of them. I know there's lady doctor, fat guy with dreds, gay outrunner that looks like Bill Maher, and gay outrunner's boyfriend. Those are the only ones I can recall off the top of my head.

Yeah, even that chick Rick was banging before Andrea and her zombie-chow kid's names don't readily come to mind. But I'm damn sure not gonna forget Mark and Amber anytime soon.

aka The Zombpocalypse's Horniest Man and Biggest Bitch, respectively.

And Negan almost ruined my state song there. Nothing like Mr. Blonde did for "Stuck in the Middle," but he definitely gave it a creepy tinge for me--at least for a while.