Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

The NZA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Y'know, I stopped reading at #24. Call me particular, but i've got this weird predaliction for spending my hard-earned on books where shit actually happens. Apparently #25 changes all that, but I'ma just save my money for Spiderman back issues until one've you tells me different.

• 2 months later...

panch tells no lie: this month's issue (was it 28?) was just insane, direction you dont even see comin, wicked shit about and some twists that are gonna change things for the main characters now too.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

If youre not readin this one, youre not readin some of the best shit out right now. Bishop's got my HC for any locals interested.

Liked it a lot better than I thought I would, not a big Image fan. I'm loving it, though I have concerns for how long this thing can really go on for. Especially since in the afterword the creator says he wants the series to run forever. Top notch through the the HC though.

panch tells no lie: this month's issue (was it 28?) was just insane, direction you dont even see comin, wicked shit about and some twists that are gonna change things for the main characters now too.

Liked that, huh?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad you liked it. :blink: Seriously, even non-comic fans who dig zombies oughta check it out, its such great quality.

id have to be home to tell you the current one; Image comics solicits # 31 this month, and you shouldve finished off at the end of # 24 there. Its only an arc and a half or so after where youve left off, but holy shit, the current one is darker than i thought itd get. Like i said, Kirkman's proven amazing at pulling the rug out from under my ass and fooling me into thinking it wont happen again.

Lemme know; i can dig up the scans or borrow the individual issues offa panch, im pretty sure he's got em. I prolly wont buy another trade till there's a collection like that one, and theyll be past # 48 when that happens.

Ray-Ray: if you dont read it and preacher by the time of megacon, buster, were gonna fix that. Hard.

you know, it really would. theyd have the time to do it right, characterization and all, and HBO'd no dout have some good lesser-known actors to fit the bill as well. theyd even have the strong season finales with the way kirkman's pulling off the cliffhangers, and quality horror'd be a big seller right now, i think.

At first, i was concered that Kirkman said he had no said issue when it would end, that he thought he could write this forever (a lotta great non-superhero stories, the writer says he knows when itll end rather early on), but a few years in and its still going strong in some interesting directions, not to mention he's built a cast and story that can outlive even the more popular characters.

Anyway, its an awesome idea. I bet it could be done for cheap, too.

PS LL is up to the current issue as well, which is pretty cool.