Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

The NZA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Prepare yourself - its a great issue, but its prolly one of the most vicous single-issues ive ever come across.

What a great series.

Yeah I figured it'd be good (and vicious) after the way the last one ended.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Haven't read the issue yet, but I'd imagine by

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

that was worse than hostle. if they ever make this into a series, i have no idea how they're going to film that.

i imagine a lot of things going on off-screen...jesus.

glad youre on board for the gore tho LL :2T:

Ly: no guessing, just read it, let us know what you think...

• 1 month later...

My thoughts exactly, though im still terrified of seeing the Governor if he survived alla that. Kirkman might have the most distrubing villian of '07 on his hands there.

Now we get to wait to see who survived that bumrushing, and if our suspicions are right about who was hateful enough to drive that van on in.

The only good news is that in this month's letter column, Kirkman seemed sure of a more regular schedule this year, which'd be crazy appreciated.

I know panch is MIA these days, anyone else reading this regularly?! shit.

• 1 month later...

**Waves hands at the back**

I've been following this one from trade 1, awesome awesome stuff. One of the best character-driven comics around in my opinion - love how the zombies are little more than a back-drop and are a lot less dangerous than half the characters.

A more regular release schedule would be welcomed though.

True on all counts.

Kirkman's said in the letter pages that he has no interest in showing how the outbreak started, nor when/if the book ends....shit's crazy. Normally that latter idea'd worry me, but he's still going strong.

Still pound for pound one of the best books out these days, consistently.

• 1 month later...

This isn't WD related, but there was this Free Comic Book Day comic that I picked up titled "Last Blood"...

It was about zombies taking over the planet and the remaining living people where being protected by vampires! They're logic was that if the zombie killed all the people the vampires would die too (the people donated blood to keep the vamps alive)! Anyways, as the issue went on it was revieled that the zombie that started the whole mess in the first place was actually a blood starved, diseased vampire!

It was a pretty cool concept and I would like to read more...

• 3 months later...

Shit. Kirkman can't stress enough that these recent isues are clearly the calm before the storm.

If the cover to next month's issue doesnt sell that, pick up this month's Invincible (a book you all should be reading, anyway, in an entirely different vein), and check out the double-page ad for the upcoming arc this winter, "NO ONE IS SAFE." Holy shit, you gotta wonder if anyone other than Michonne is walking out of this one...

• 3 months later...

just caught back up on this book...holy shit.

when this arc's done, the book's gonna be totally different, just like when it went to act 2 here in the prison. No idea who's gonna make it out, now that Dale's group kinda sold out, Mchonne's believed to be dead (im not buyin it) and my boy Rick knows theyre well armed but its basically him and Billy holding down the fort...

The covers to this arc are incredible too, cant wait for the next 2 issues...Kirkman's never falling off.

• 3 months later...