Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

The NZA

You know I like the tone the story's taking, it seems to have cast off the things that were dragging it down

(the prison)

and as heartless as it sounds I don't really miss the rest of the cast that much the deadwood seems to have been disposed of

though I wish they would have fleshed out Axel a bit before killing him off, you get me? And I miss Herschel.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I a gree that's a definite possibility about DC. However, I think Kirkman expects readers to think the DC story mullethead is spouting is bogus. So Kirkman knows readers know it's likely bogus and in order to surprise us it will likely hence therefore be in other words unbogus. That is unless he knows we know that we know it won't be bogus then flips the script and in fact DOES make it bogus! My head hurts. Um, zomm-bee stampede! Whoo!!! :sad:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I thought I was somewhere near caught up, but the first few posts on this page tell me otherwise. Right now I'm up to #42, and am still resistant to all things Kirkman but am slightly thankful Nick & Co. have pushed this book on me. The Woodbury shit was crazy, and with

The Governer in a fucking tank fast approaching with his crew, I look forward to seeing what comes next. Was a shame to see Carol go, she was an adolescent wet dream. I figured it was gonna be Billy or Carl she hit next before attempting suicide again.

Does anyone have a torrent for the Boys G-men arc incidentally? Back issues can't be had for quids & I can't find anything on Demonoid.

Fuck you Nick. Insisting I stick with this book, getting me to care about the characters and then #48? I'm working right now but in the right environment, I might have cried. My only joy is that

The Governer got it in the worst way. That fucking guy, man.

Does anyone have a torrent for the Boys G-men arc incidentally? Back issues can't be had for quids & I can't find anything on Demonoid.

That's where I get all mine. You can find single issue torrents, but they're usually listed in "group" torrents like a DCP release or something. I think it's up to issue 28 or 29 now.

And wait until you get caught up with WD. Some f'd up shiz happens in the 50s. Hope you're not a big fan of Carl . . .

*ominous evil laughter*

And wait until you get caught up with WD. Some f'd up shiz happens in the 50s. Hope you're not a big fan of Carl

Dude, I know! When they were running from that horde that was locked in the basement of the house they were staying in, I figured I knew what was comin'...but then when he stepped on the landmine that his own father had placed earlier, I was all "WHOOAAAA!"

Edited by Thelogan Prime

Dude, I know! When they were running from that horde that was locked in the basement of the house they were staying in, I figured I knew what was comin'...but then when he stepped on the landmine that his own father had placed earlier, I was all "WHOOAAAA!"

I know, dude! :D Then he starts crawling to the car as the bombed out zombies persue him. And BAM! out steps Locke and puts a Bowie knife through zombie Ben's head a split second before he can begin chewing on Carl's bloody stumps. Priceless!

• 3 months later...

Issue #61

Forget Wu-Tang, Carl ain't nuttin' ta fuck wid!

Issue #62 & 63 Fear the Hunters parts 1 and 2 (of 5)

The shit w/ the black priest was meh. His story paints him out to be one heartless fucker and it's been a while since we've seen zombies go to town on someone so he's got my vote. And is Kirkman heralding the beginning of the end of the zombies in issue 62 w/ the non-moving one? Poor fuckin' Dale. I knew what was coming, but that reveal page was still a bit of a shocker. I mean they took the dude's OTHER leg--and it was roasting over the fire behind him! I guess the bastards are keeping him alive because they don't have a freezer. And how do you think this Chris guy will eventually get it: Michonne's katana or a bullet from Andrea?

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Liking moreso than the absolute freezing point I was at last time we spoke, sure, but still not compelled to follow it with any gusto. I'm up to where

everything goes to shit in the Prison, and Carl & Rick have fucked off aways.

It picks up from there, breathes new life into the series to be honest.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Read up til #70 my God what a series. It really isn't about the zombies at all they just provide a pleasant backdrop.

I was trying to describe it to a friend, and the best way i thought of was, "The Road with zombies".

Man o man though just a sublime series, without a doubt one of the best I've ever read.

• 1 month later...