Hondo's Bar

Naruto

spiffytee

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: Ly pointed out that this spoiler hasn't happened in the anime yet, I completely didn't realize it was only anime here.... so yeah, if you are not up to date in the Manga do not read the spoiler... otherwise, you'll be sad way sooner than you'd like to be, I assure you....

I can't stop the tears....

Jiraya, please don't be gone! PLEASE!!! I had a little hope that he wouldn't be gone for real... but now I'm not so sure....

:misty:

I can't stop the tears....

Jiraya, please don't be gone! PLEASE!!! I had a little hope that he wouldn't be gone for real... but now I'm not so sure....

Well, it hasn't happened in the anime yet, but I don't think we have manga thread for this series yet. I am sorry (he was one of my favorite characters too) but I think he's gone. R.I.P., Ero-Sennin. You will be missed.

:sad:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i take back my original analysis of this series. it does take awhile to build up, but you won't see little kids fighting for too long. granted, i did not watch dragonball as much as others, so i'm not too familiar with the "wash rinse repeat" of the underdog (although i did finish hajime no ippo, another nice but not quite as good as naruto). be sure to look up the numbered episodes and skip them. i think it's like 75+ and go straight to shuipoden series. please do yourself a favor and check out this series.

oh and naruto fans, don't you wish they brought back the music they used to have? now it's kinda generic...

DAMMIT... I SHOULD NOT HAVE HIGHLIGHTED THEM DAMN QUOTES!

The fan group Dattebayo has announced that it will stop subtitling and distributing the Naruto anime franchise "permanently" on January 15. That date is when the Naruto.com, Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Joost websites will officially begin streaming the latest episodes of the Naruto Shippūden sequel series one week after their Japanese broadcast — for free. A Dattebayo organizer who uses the alias "Interactii" says that an episode of Naruto Shippūden would get 450,000 downloads from Dattebayo in its first week. According to Dattebayo, the group accumulated 976,405 downloads for episode 20 in 489 days.

"Interactii" notes that Viz Media, the North American distributor of the Naruto anime and manga, had never asked Dattebayo to stop subtitling and had never sent a cease-and-desist letter to the group. He continues, "But like any symbiosis, you have to know when its time to move on. That time has come. Viz and Crunchyroll have gotten their acts together and are trying something new, with one of the most popular shows in anime today. I, and the rest of the staff, know that if we continue to subtitle it, they will have to ask us to stop.

newtype: i think i will cry now.

senshik: actually, i was referring to sadness and sorrow..

the openings they are used are pretty good too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7b8hwEnOc...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowQFD1yGNs...feature=related

this one is really good (current one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFzLq132Jog

anyone can change these to look like senshik's?

WILL I LEARN MY DAMN LESSON?!?! DAMN THOSE SPOILER BOXES!!!

Wish I could edit your post, but I'll just post it so that everyone can see it on mine:

senshik: actually, i was referring to sadness and sorrow..

(it is an epicly good song...a tear-jerker too)

the openings they are used are pretty good too

this one is really good (current one)

anyone can change these to look like senshik's?

(To do what I just did, use the EMBED link instead of the URL. Also, be sure to turn HTML 'ON' in the 'Post Options' tab.)

As for me on my choices of Naruto OPs and EDs, I agree with my Sis that Sambomaster's Seishun Kyousoukyoku is the most memorable. On the ED side, i like still love:

Akeboshi - Wind

AND

Orange Range - Viva Rock

The Japanese broadcaster TV Tokyo has announced that it will begin streaming English-subtitled episodes of the Naruto anime series, about one hour after their Japanese broadcast, to paid monthly subscribers worldwide on the Crunchyroll video service on January 8, 2009.

Crunchyroll will then provide free Internet streaming of the episodes seven days after the paid subscribers see them. This coincides with when the online video services Joost and Hulu are providing their own free streaming of the same episodes via Viz Media. Viz Media announced earlier today that it will also begin hosting free streams of the new episodes on the official Naruto.com website

on January 15.

The Japanese broadcaster TV Tokyo has announced that it will begin streaming English-subtitled episodes of the Naruto anime series, about one hour after their Japanese broadcast, to paid monthly subscribers worldwide on the Crunchyroll video service on January 8, 2009.

Crunchyroll will then provide free Internet streaming of the episodes seven days after the paid subscribers see them. This coincides with when the online video services Joost and Hulu are providing their own free streaming of the same episodes via Viz Media. Viz Media announced earlier today that it will also begin hosting free streams of the new episodes on the official Naruto.com website

on January 15.

FINALLY the Japanese are learning how to make money off anime! As an anime fan, I agree that its best to have fansubs better than the company but i'm happy to see that the creators and anime companies are going to making a profit too. I know Naruto is infamous but this is just opening the doors to other underground anime that we might not know about that should be recognized.

Ps - WIND is probably my all time favorite Naruto ending theme song, forever. :misty:

I don't think it going to be edited and it's real sad when funsubbers do a better job then the company itself.

I'll agree that some fansub groups are rather bad, but some are much better than the average company translation. The ANBU subs for Naruto were pretty damn good, for instance. Companies, they tend to try to change things a bit to appeal to a wider American audience.

As an anime fan, I agree that its best to have fansubs better than the company

• 2 weeks later...

losifer, that's a better version than the one i found. however, the one i posted was from kyle555, i believe? kyle's a good pianist - too bad they took his stuff down from youtube. he did a lot of classical and anime themed stuff aside from his personal compositions. really talented guy.

this last episode (last hour one) - utterly awesome! been a long time since so much happened! but really.. it's on now!

oh and after the episode ends, there's a preview for the next season and i can't take it, i gotta have more!

btw... i'm not watching any other anime atm so forgive my outbursts!!!!

• 1 month later...

ok... watched the last episode last night. i believe it was #92?... and i have to say - not too shabby. Very good for what it is and it gives others a good chance to catch up on what has been missed.

on the downside... 1. resolution sucks in fullscreen. would be nice to download a player and watch in hidef or at least dvd rez. 2. framerate is laggy, but you can only tell in panning shots and action scenes (one could argue that that's the point of the series...) 3. you can't back it up to your own media. 4. all the curse words have been taken out :( and finally -5. no karoke for beginning or ending credits

then again - it's an instant naruto fix for those addicts out there!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived